Krafft, Karl Ernst
|born on||10 May 1900 at 12:45 (= 12:45 PM )|
|Place||Commugny, Switzerland, 46n1914, 6e1044|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||19°21' 02°17 Asc. 00°19'|
Swiss-German astrologer, statistician and researcher said to have cast and studied more than 60,000 birth charts. He was the author of a number of books in French and German. Krafft was one of the originators of Cosmobiology. His "Correspondence" (University of London, Ann Arbor), offers interesting insights on his life and thoughts [for example, his disastrous speculations on the stock market] and his belief that the Jews were responsible for WW II. During WW II, Krafft worked for the Nazi party by using astrology to further German propaganda. As astrology lost favor with the Nazi command, Krafft came under attack and was imprisoned.
Born in Switzerland with German descent, Krafft followed the political exploits of the Nazi party. Intending to aid the Nazi's, he wrote to Dr. Fosel, a member of the secret intelligence service on the possibility of an assassination attempt on Hitler's life. The people in charge chose to disregard Krafft's message and on 11/09/1939 a bomb exploded in the Burgerbrau beer hall in Munich only minutes after Hitler had left the establishment. Rudolf Hess received a telegram from Krafft reminding the officer of his earlier prediction. The Gestapo arrested him on suspicion of his role in the bombing. Krafft was able to prove to his interrogators that he could accurately predict events by the use of astrology. The Gestapo released the astrologer and in 1940 the Nazi Party requested that Krafft apply his knowledge to their cause. Goebbels hired him to translate the prophecies of Nostradamus to be used as propaganda against the Allied forces. Krafft wrote of the downfall of Great Britain that was to be circulated to the Belgians and the French.
The astrological work of Krafft for the Nazi Party ended in May 1941. Fallout occurred after Hess tried to win an independent freedom with Great Britain. Embarrassed by the actions of Hess, the Nazi Party explained Hess's madness on his reliance to astrologers and hypnotists.
Heinrich Himmler, head of the Gestapo, was the only Nazi party member in high command who held any sympathy for astrologers. Astrologers, graphologists, spiritualists, Christian Scientists, faith healers, and clairvoyants were persecuted in the country. Krafft was arrested on 6/12/1941, three days after the commencement of "Aktion Hess" on June 9th, during which there was a round up of astrologers all over Germany by the Gestapo. This was directly prompted by the Hess mission saga.
After a year in prison, he was put to work to provide astrological material for the Propaganda Ministry. Krafft started to spiral downhill, psychologically and then physically, when he realized that his work had nothing to do with serious astrology, but instead was to be faked for spurious propaganda use. On 2/12/1943, Krafft was taken to Leherterstrasse prison, where he caught typhus in March 1943. He was transferred to Oranienburg concentration camp. In autumn 1944 he received his last of two visits that year from his wife, who was shocked to discover the extent of his ill health. In 1945 he was transferred to Buchenwald, but apparently never arrived there, dying en route on Jan 8th.
- business associate/partner relationship with Bressensdorf, Otto von (born 7 May 1900). Notes: Born three days apart of each other
- business associate/partner relationship with Goerner, F.G. (born 25 July 1898)
- Work : New Job 1940 (Hired by Nazi's to forward cause)
- Health : Acute illness 1944 (Typhus, fatal)
Ernest Grant quotes him in AA, 7/1946. Same data in the German periodical "Sein und Werden." (De Herbais de Thun, 1944, gives Bale, Switzerland, 7 E.35).
Ellic Howe quotes in his book 'Urania's children' a letter, dated 11 Nov 1933, from Krafft to a friend as source for birth place Bale. The Ascendant is Virgo for both places, 0°10 for Commugny, 1°43 for Bale. MC varies from 22°30 to 24°02 Taurus.
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Other Major diseases (Typhus, terminal)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (Switzerland to Germany)
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Prison sentence (As an astrologer)
- Passions : Criminal Victim : Concentration camp (Buchenwald)
- Vocation : Education : Researcher
- Vocation : Occult Fields : Astrologer (Pro, advisor to Hess)
- Vocation : Politics : Nazi party (Used astrology to further Nazi propaganda)
- Vocation : Science : Mathematics/ Statistics (Statistician)
- Vocation : Writers : Astrology
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator (Originator of cosmobiology)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book