|born on||8 December 1813 at 15:00 (= 3:00 PM )|
|Place||Kerpen, Germany, 50n52, 6e41|
|Timezone||LMT m6e41 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||16°11' 27°04 Asc. 01°22'|
German ecclesiastic, a Roman Catholic priest and social reformer who founded the Society of Journeymen. He was ordained in 1845, and beatified 10/27/1991.
Born into poverty, Kolping was one of eight children of a community shepherd. The family was close and nurturing of their large brood, instilling a social conscience. Kolping remembers his youth with his family as a happy time. He was a bright student but he had to interrupt his education at age 12 to enter a trade. He became an apprentice shoemaker. After working for 16 years, he resumed his education at age 28 and began his formal studies for the priesthood at the University of Munich, then later at Bonn and Cologne. He was ordained a priest in Cologne, Germany at age 31.
On 5/06/1849, he established the first ‘family’ of workingmen - a Society of Journeymen, to help implement his life’s work - the implementation of Catholic social justice. The society has over 370,000 members today with vocational centers and community families all over the world.He died on December 4, 1865 in Cologne, Germany, age 51.
Kolping's life embodied an essential message of his Christian beliefs. His goal was not the state but the individual, the improvement and perfection of oneself, spiritually, morally and physically in the name of Christ, thus affecting and changing ultimately one's own family, community and the world. He was beatified on 10/27/1991 in St. Peter’s, Vatican City, Rome.
- Work : New Job 1845 (Ordained R.C. Priest)
- Work : Great Achievement 27 October 1991 at 12:00 noon in Vatican City, Italy (Beatified)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Steinbrecher quotes B.C.
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Vocation : Religion : Ecclesiastics/ western (R.C. Priest)
- Vocation : Religion : Saint/ Stigmatist (Saint)
- Family : Childhood : Family extraordinarily supportive
- Family : Childhood : Family large (One of eight kids)
- Vocation : Beauty : Designer/ Fashion (Shoemaker, 16 years)
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator (Society of Journeymen)