|born on||27 February 1925 at 09:45 (= 09:45 AM )|
|Place||Cincinnati OH, USA, 39n09, 84w27|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||08°33' 06°16 Asc. 27°59'|
American writer, a poet and playwright, well known for his successful experiments teaching poetry writing in New York City's lower east side. The recurrent theme of his writing is the illusion of tranquility and his gifted work has been honored with many awards.
Koch was a Fulbright Fellow in France 1950-51 and earned his M.A. at Columbia in 1953. While working toward his Ph.D. he was a member of the New York School of Poetry, a literary equivalent of abstract expressionism. His book-length epic poem was published as his thesis in 1959, an eventful year with the presentation of an off-Broadway play and his entering the staff of Columbia.
Koch married: one daughter. He taught, not only at university level, but both children and seniors.
He died of leukemia on July 6, 2002 at his Manhattan home, age 77.
- Work : Gain social status 1950 (Fulbright Fellow in France, one year)
- Social : End a program of study 1953 (M.A. at Columbia)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1959 (Thesis)
Contemporary American Horoscopes
- Vocation : Writers : Playwright/ script
- Vocation : Writers : Poet
- Traits : Mind : Education extensive (Ph.D.)
- Vocation : Education : Teacher
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One daughter)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Leukemia)