|Birthname||Michael Edward Knight|
|born on||7 May 1959 at 23:57 (= 11:57 PM )|
|Place||Princeton, New Jersey, 40n21, 74w40|
|Timezone||EDT h4w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||16°50' 20°20 Asc. 07°46'|
American actor, best known for his portrayal of Tad Martin on the afternoon TV soap opera, "All My Children." Knight is a three-time Emmy Award-winner for the role, taking home honors in 1986, 1987 and 1997.
Although born in Princeton, New Jersey, Knight, who has two brothers, grew up in Ojai, California. He attended a boys’ preparatory school where his father was a faculty member, prior to moving to San Francisco, and he considers himself a Californian. At the age of 12, he knew his ambition was to pursue a career in acting; he was the only one of the three boys to do so. He attended Wesleyan University in Middletown, Connecticut for three years, earning his degree in theater arts prior to undertaking more advanced training at the Circle in the Square Theatre in New York. He graduated in 1982, and in 1983, he was chosen to originate the role of Tad Martin.
Although he left "All My Children" in the mid-1980s to pursue a film career, he returned in 1988. He left for a second time in 1990, but in 1992, Knight once again returned to his signature role as the conniving but loveable Tad, ‘the Cad.’ He has guest-starred on various prime-time television series, and had lead roles in the feature films, "Hexed" and "Date with an Angel." The 6'1" brown-haired, blue-eyed Knight exudes a boyish charm that makes him popular with the show’s viewers, and he has a large fan following. Since 8/30/1995, he has been a frequent visitor to online chat rooms, where he gets to know his fans personally. He commented on these chats, saying, "We are like a bunch of Cyber-magpies."
Knight is married to actress Catherine Hickland, and they live in New York.
As a child, Knight ran into an "angry" mailbox while riding his bike and as a result, he has a scar on his chin.
- associate relationship with Entertainment: All My Children (born 5 January 1970). Notes: Played Tad Martin, 1982–2011
- Misc. : Great Insight 1971 (Set goal as actor, age 12)
- Social : End a program of study 1982 (Graduated from Circle in the Square Theater)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1983 (Debut on "All My Children")
- Work : Prize 1986 (Emmy, two years)
- Work : Prize 1997 (Emmy)
Stephen Przybylowski quotes B.C. 9/1994
- Traits : Body : Hair (Brown)
- Traits : Body : Size (6' 1")
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Skin (Scar on chin)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Accident/Injury (Ran into mailbox)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Catherine Hickland)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star ("All My Children")
- Notable : Awards : Emmy (Three)