Kleist, Heinrich Von
|Birthname||Kleist, Bernd Heinrich Wilhelm|
|born on||18 October 1777 at 01:00 (= 01:00 AM )|
|Place||Frankfurt an der Oder, Germany, 52n20, 14e33|
|Timezone||LMT m14e33 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||24°57' 13°18 Asc. 26°31'|
German poet, novelist and playwright. Born into a military family, he entered the Prussian army, 1792-1799, leaving to study mathematics and philosophy at the University of Frankfurt. He produced his first play in 1803, a tragedy. In 1807, he was arrested as a spy and imprisoned. When released, he lived in Dresden where he published a literary periodical. Too passionately nationalistic for occupied Germany, Kleist was not recognized in his time, and in his despair over his latest writing, a political newspaper, he arranged for his suicide. At the time, he had a fatal passion for Henriette Vogel and he shot her to death before turning the gun on himself, 11/21/1811, near Potsdam, Germany.
Annotation (mik):A document says: "hiernächst habe ich weiter nichts von ihnen gehört, bis sie mir am 21.November nachmittags in der
vierten Stunde auf der Chaussee begegneten...(als)ich wieder nach Hause gegangen war und kaum eine halbe Stunde dort (war), als meine
Frau gestürzt kam und mir sagte, dass die beiden Fremden dort auf dem Berge lägen."
(translated)he saw the two strangers against 16:00 (4 p.m.),was half an hour at home, when his wife came and said, the two were
dead on the mountain." (The suicide must therefore have been at about 16:30 (4:30 p.m.)
(via police protocol in: "I came, saw and wrote" (dt.:Ich kam, sah und schrieb")
- Social : Joined group 1792 (Entered the Prussian Army, seven yrs.)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1803 (Produced his first tragedy)
- Social : Institutionalized - prison, hospital 1807 (Imprisoned as a spy by Napoleon's troops)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1811 (Produced his noted novella, "Michael Kohlhaas")
- Death by Suicide 21 November 1811 at 4:30 PM in Potsdam (Gunshot, age 34)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Crime : Homicide Perpetration 21 November 1811 (Shot Henriette Vogel)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Cirkels quotes Thomas Ring. Lexikon verifies as B.R.
Sy Scholfield quotes "Kleist: die Liebe und der Tod" [Kleist: love and death] by Hans Dieter Zimmermann (Athenäum-Verlag, 1989), p. 22: "Heinrich von Kleist wurde am 18. Oktober 1777, nachts um ein Uhr, im väterlichen Hause in Frankfurt an der Oder geboren. Er selbst nahm immer an, der 10. Oktober sei sein Geburtstag; warum, wissen wir nicht. Der 18. Oktober ist im Taufregister eingetragen."
Translation: Heinrich von Kleist was born on 18 October 1777 at around one o'clock at night, at his father's home in Frankfurt an der Oder. He always claimed October 10th was his birthday; why we do not know. October 18 is entered in the baptismal register.
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Homicide single (Shot Henriette Vogel)
- Personal : Death : Suicide (Shot himself)
- Vocation : Military : Military service (Prussian Army, seven yrs.)
- Vocation : Writers : Fiction (Novelist)
- Vocation : Writers : Playwright/ script (Playwright)
- Vocation : Writers : Poet