|Birthname||Kiley, Richard Paul|
|born on||31 March 1922 at 17:45 (= 5:45 PM )|
|Place||Chicago IL, USA, 41n52, 87w39|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||10°28' 19°07 Asc. 05°37'|
American actor, a polished, many-sided performer who alternated between straight dramatic and musical roles. Best known for his leading stage role in the hit musical "Man of La Mancha," he also starred in the film "Blackboard Jungle" in 1955.
Kiley was the son of a railroad statistician and a singer, the only son, with two sisters. In spite of his shyness, he flourished in the high school production of "The Mikado."
He served in the military for three and-a-half years in WW II. He married Mary Bell Wood on 5/05/1948 and had six children; divorced and remarried in 1968. He and Patricia were married for 31 years.
Strikingly handsome, Kiley also was greatly talented. In his more than 50-year acting career, he played in parts that covered his signature role in Broadway's "Man of La Mancha." which opened in 1965 and in which he sang "The Impossible Dream" more than 2,000 times. (Earning him two Tony Award's, one for "Redhead" in 1959 and his outstanding performances in "Man of La Mancha" in 1965.) His films and Emmy-winning TV performances included "Blackboard Jungle," "Looking for Mr. Goodbar," "The Thorn Birds" and most recently, "Patch Adams." His first love was always the theater and his heart was focused on singing.
Kiley died of myelodysplasia, a bone marrow and blood disorder on 3/05/1999 at a hospital near his Warwick, NY home.
- Death by Disease 5 March 1999 at 12:00 midnight in Warwick, NY (Myelodysplesia, age 76)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Relationship : Marriage 5 May 1948 (First marriage)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1968 (Divorced)
- Relationship : Marriage 1968 (Second marriage, Patricia)
- Work : Begin Major Project 1965 (Noted role in "Man of La Mancha")
- Work : Prize 1959 (Tony Award for "Redhead")
- Work : Prize 1965 (Tony Award for "Man of La Mancha")
- Work : Prize 1983 (Emmy Award as Best Supporting Actor)
B.C. in hand from the Wilsons (Same in Contemporary American Horoscopes)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Extremely talented)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (Lead role Man of La Mancha)
- Vocation : Military : Military service (WW II)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Six)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (Second marriage 31 years)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Bone (Myelodysplasia, terminal)
- Traits : Body : Appearance gorgeous (Very handsome)
- Notable : Awards : Tony (Two)
- Notable : Awards : Emmy (Best Supporting Actor)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star (Award winning "Thorn Birds")