|Birthname||Fitzgerald, Rose Elizabeth|
|born on||22 July 1890 at 19:00 (= 7:00 PM )|
|Place||Boston MA, USA, 42n21, 71w03|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||00°03' 05°33 Asc. 27°26'|
American noted family and wife of entrepreneur Joseph P. Kennedy on 10/07/1914, Boston, MA. She gave birth to nine children, two of whom became U.S. Senators and one, the U.S. President.
Rose was a strong woman, tiny in structure, always trim and socially ambitious. She spoke three languages and was well trained in social etiquette, a devout Catholic who drew upon her faith when faced with multiple tragedies. Her legend lives on at the very center of this century's American history. Few can match her record of survival through tragedy, innuendo, glory and agony. Biographers nonetheless portray her as an emotionally cold woman, more concerned with her social position than with mothering, undemonstrative and distant to the kids. To some, she remains the archetypal loving mother and long-suffering saint; to others, she is seen as steely determination and vast, unquenchable ambition.
John "Honey Fitz" Fitzgerald, her dad, was a customs clerk. By the time she was five, he was the only Dem. Congressman from Massachusetts; by the time she was 15, he was mayor of Boston. She was raised on politics.
Rose was married to Joe Kennedy from 1914 to November 1969, when he died. Her husband was American Ambassador to Great Britain from 1938-1939, she enjoyed entertaining Kings and Queens and three of her daughters were presented at court. Her eldest son, Joe Jr., was killed while flying a secret Navy mission in 1944 and her daughter Kathleen died in a plane crash in France. On 11/22/1963, her son, President John F. Kennedy, was assassinated, and on 6/05/1968, her son, Senator Robert Kennedy, met the same fate.
At the age of 104, after being confined to a wheelchair following a stroke in April 1984, she enjoyed watching videos of her family. She died at home in the family compound on Cape Cod, Hyannis Port, MA, January 22, 1995, 5:30 PM EST. She was survived by five of her nine kids, 28 grandchildren and 22 great grandkids.
- parent->child relationship with Kennedy, John F. (born 29 May 1917)
- parent->child relationship with Kennedy, Joseph Jr. (born 25 July 1915)
- parent->child relationship with Kennedy, Robert F. (born 20 November 1925)
- parent->child relationship with Kennedy, Rosemary (born 13 September 1918)
- parent->child relationship with Kennedy, Ted (born 22 February 1932)
- parent->child relationship with Shriver, Eunice (born 10 July 1921)
- spouse relationship with Kennedy, Joseph P. Sr. (born 6 September 1888)
- Social : Change of Lifestyle 1938 (Husband Ambassador to Great Britain)
- Death of Child 1944 (Joe, Jr. died, flying mission)
- Death, Cause unspecified 22 January 1995 at 12:00 noon in Hyannis Port, MA (Age 104)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
PT changed the time to 19:00 in September 2006 based on Frances McEvoy's insistence that she heard it directly from Rose that she was born just before sunset. However, the rating of DD stands. Original entry gave 22:00 with the source notes reading as follows: LMR quotes Doris Kearns Goodwin, "The Fitzgeralds and the Kennedys," Simon & Schuster, NY 1987, p.90, "Late afternoon ... Josie began her contractions ,,, later that night ... A little girl was born." Based on this comment, However, Frances McEvoy writes, "She was born on a summer evening just before sunset. The new father ran all over the neighborhood to announce his daughter's birth. Rose herself said it was before sunset as it was still light when her father ran around knocking on doors. Rose thought it was no later than 7:00 PM."
(Charles Higham in his biography, "Rose," writes on p.3 that she was born July 21 (not the 22nd) in a tenament in a dirty, squalid area to a dad who was a poor Irish clerk. Inasmuch as Higham trades on scandal and gossip from unsubstantiated sources, his credibility is strained.)
Starkman rectified to 17.33.00 EST
- Traits : Body : Size (Tiny)
- Traits : Personality : Disciplined
- Traits : Personality : Gracious/ sociable
- Family : Childhood : Family traumatic event (Lost four kids)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (From 1914 until her husbands death)
- Family : Relationship : Widowed (1969)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Nine)
- Family : Parenting : Kids - Noted (Two U.S. Senators and a U.S. President)
- Family : Parenting : Kids -Traumatic event (Two sons assassinated, other dramas)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Money Through Marriage
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Western (Devout Catholic)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 104)
- Notable : Famous : Socialite
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book