|Birthname||Edward Moore Kennedy|
|born on||22 February 1932 at 03:58 (= 03:58 AM )|
|Place||Dorchester, Massachusetts, 42n18, 71w05|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||02°32' 06°25 Asc. 10°48'|
American politician, member of a noted family, the fabled Kennedy clan and the youngest member of U.S. Senate. The youngest son of Joseph and Rose Kennedy's nine children, Ted Kennedy was a privileged child. He had the benefit of a Harvard education that was abruptly interrupted in 1951 when he was suspended for cheating on an exam. Enlisting in the army shortly after, he served in France and Germany and after an honorable discharge, was readmitted to Harvard where he graduated with honors in 1956.
After marrying Joan Bennet in 1958, Kennedy graduated from the University of Virginia Law School the following year and became the assistant to the district attorney of Suffolk County, Massachusetts in 1960. Two years later, at 30 he became the youngest member of the Senate, thus making the record as being the first time an incumbent president had a brother in the Senate. A string of devastating events struck in the '60s beginning with the assassination of his brother, President John F. Kennedy on 11/22/1963 in Dallas, Texas that sent shock waves around the world. One year later, a plane carrying Kennedy and four others crashed, killing two, and Kennedy suffered a broken back that required a six month hospital rehabilitation. On 6/5/1968, brother Robert F. Kennedy was assassinated in Los Angeles.
Kennedy's political career was called into question in 1969 when he drove his car off a bridge in Chappaquidick, Massachusetts, causing the death of his passenger Mary Jo Kopechne, a campaign worker. He waited ten hours to report the accident and many were unconvinced of innocent circumstances surrounding the incident. With his credibility now tarnished, he was voted out of the majority whip post in 1971 and his presidential bid subsequently disappeared for the 1972 election. During this year a biography by Burton Hersh entitled "The Education of Edward Kennedy" was published. After maintaining a low profile for several years he became the Head of the Senate Judiciary in 1979, where he was a strong advocator of tax reform and national health insurance.
In 1980, Kennedy sought the presidential nomination again, but failed to win his bid on the Democratic ticket against the incumbent Jimmy Carter. Seven years later, he was front and center in derailing the nomination of the controversial conservative Robert Bork to the Supreme Court. Two years later, his 23-year marriage to Joan Bennet ended in divorce.
Kennedy was involved in another scandal, albeit indirectly, when his nephew William Kennedy Smith was accused of rape in 1991 while at the Kennedy family mansion in Palm Beach, Florida. Testimony regarding Kennedy's alcohol abuse further stained his reputation.
In 1992 at age 60, Kennedy married a lawyer 21 years his junior, Victoria Reggie, who was the daughter of family friends. After kicking the alcohol habit, Kennedy was elected to his sixth full Senate term in 1994, with his seniority ranking third out of one hundred. He remains to date the Senate's most steadfast and effective champion of liberal causes.
His older sister Rosemary died at age 86 on January 7, 2005. Born mildly retarded, Rosemary underwent a lobotomy at age 23 and had been institutionalized nearly her entire life.
The Senator’s sister, Patricia Kennedy Lawford, died of pneumonia on September 17, 2006 at her home in Southampton, NY.
After suffering a seizure and receiving a diagnosis of a malignant brain tumor, the Senator underwent surgery to remove the growth on June 2, 2008 at Duke Medical Center in Durham, North Carolina. He suffered a seizure on January 20, 2009 while attending a luncheon in the US Capitol Building in honor of the newly inaugurated President, Barack Obama. He was rushed to the hospital and released the following day.
The senator received an honorary knighthood from Queen Elizabeth on March 4, 2009.
His sister Eunice Shriver died on August 11, 2009. He died of brain cancer two weeks later on August 25, 2009 at 11:33 PM in Hyannis Port, MA (source for timeof death: news report citing death certificate). He was 77.
His daughter Kara died two years later, on September 16, 2011.
- parent->child relationship with Kennedy, Patrick J. (born 14 July 1967)
- parent->child relationship with Kennedy, Ted Jr. (born 26 September 1961)
- child->parent relationship with Kennedy, Joseph P. Sr. (born 6 September 1888)
- child->parent relationship with Kennedy, Rose (born 22 July 1890)
- spouse relationship with Kennedy, Joan (born 5 September 1935). Notes: Bitter
- sibling relationship with Kennedy, John F. (born 29 May 1917)
- sibling relationship with Kennedy, Joseph Jr. (born 25 July 1915)
- sibling relationship with Kennedy, Robert F. (born 20 November 1925)
- sibling relationship with Kennedy, Rosemary (born 13 September 1918)
- sibling relationship with Shriver, Eunice (born 10 July 1921)
- other kin relationship with Smith, William Kennedy (born 4 September 1960). Notes: Uncle
- (has as) worker relationship with Cahill, Mary Beth (born 8 April 1954)
- compare to chart of Kopechne, Mary Jo (born 26 July 1940)
- Social : End a program of study 1956 (Graduated from Harvard)
- Relationship : Marriage 1958 (First marriage Joan Bennet)
- Social : End a program of study 1959 (Passed the Bar)
- Work : New Job 1960 (Assistant District Attorney)
- Work : New Career 1962 (Elected Senator)
- Death of Sibling 22 November 1963 at 12:00 noon in Dallas, TX (Brother, Pres. JFK assassinated)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Lose social status 1971 (Voted out of Majority Whip position)
- Work : New Job 1979 (Head of the Senate Judiciary)
- Work : Lose social status 1980 (Failed bid for presidential campaign)
- Social : Great Publicity 1991 (Involvement in nephew's rape scandal)
- Work : New Job 1994 (Elected for sixth term in Senate)
- Death by Disease 25 August 2009 at 11:33 PM in Hyannis Port, MA (Age 77 from brain cancer)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Death of Child 16 September 2011 (Daughter Kara died two years after him)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Ruth Dewey quotes B.R.
- Traits : Body : Weight (Heavy, weight problems in latter years)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Brain cancer)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Accident/Injury (Plane, broke back)
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Brothers)
- Family : Childhood : Family traumatic event (Lost five kin)
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Ninth of nine)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Age difference more than 15 yrs (Second wife 21 years younger)
- Family : Relationship : Stress - Chronic misery (Alcoholism)
- Family : Relationship : Stress - Traumatic event (Wife Joan alcoholic)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Inheritance (Family money)
- Passions : Sexuality : Extremes in quantity (Many lovers)
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Homicide involvement (Suspect of negligence in the drowning of Mary Jo Kopechne)
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease
- Vocation : Law : Attorney
- Vocation : Military : Military service
- Vocation : Politics : Public office (Senator, six terms)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Notable : Book Collection : Occult/ Misc. Collection