|born on||25 August 1904 at 04:00 (= 04:00 AM )|
|Place||Halifax, Canada, 44n39, 63w36|
|Timezone||AST h4w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||01°40' 23°56 Asc. 14°11'|
Canadian-American actress and dancer, she was the first of six kids raised in a New York tenement. A chorus girl at 13, helping to support the family, she moved up. From Ziegfeld, she went to Hollywood to do "42nd Street," a '30s musical classic. That was followed by a series of song and dance movies with Dick Powell.
Her first marriage, 1928, was to singing film star, Al Jolson. They adopted a son, 1935, and she divorced him in 1940, having received ridicule and denigration from him. She said her life began with her second marriage to John Lowe, 1942. She retired to raise their four kids.
She died of cancer 2/28/1993, at 00:40 AM, in Rancho Mirage, CA. at age 88.
- associate relationship with Powell, Dick (born 14 November 1904). Notes: Co-star in various films
- Relationship : Marriage 1928 (First marriage, Al Jolson)
- Family : Adopted a child 1935 (Adopted a son)
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1940 (First husband divorced)
- Relationship : Marriage 1942 (Second marriage, John Lowe)
Church of Light quotes Nelia Chapman. (Some reference books gives 1909)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Terminal)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage - Very happy (Second marriage to John Lowe)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Al Jolson)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Rags to riches
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (Canada and U.S.)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : Night Club/ Vaudeville (Cabaret, chorus)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Dancer/ Teacher
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women