|Birthname||David Daniel Kaminsky|
|born on||18 January 1911 at 12:00 (= 12:00 noon )|
|Place||Brooklyn (Kings County), New York, 40n38, 73w56|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||27°30' 16°35 Asc. 15°08'|
American comic actor. A redhead, he dropped out of school at 13 to become a clowning busboy in a New York Catskill Mountains resort. He had a variety of jobs, slowly moving into vaudeville and night clubs as a singer, dancer and entertainer.
His Broadway debut was in 1939, and in '41, he did the show-stopping song, "Tshaikovsky," reeling off the names of 54 Russian composers in 38 seconds in what was to become his trademark hilarious staccato delivery. From there, he went on to become a great favorite of stage and screen.
Goldwyn's 1944 film, "Up In Arms" was the first of a series of lavish string of hits. Easy and personable, he found enormous popularity in the U.S. and Britain in such films as "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty," 1947.
In the '50s, he began to devote more of his time to UNICEF, working for children's benefits. He was also a chef, a talented musician and co-owner of a baseball club.
He married Sylvia Fine, 1940, who wrote much of the music for his films.
He died on 3 March 1987 at 3:58 AM in Los Angeles from heart failure due to hepatitis. He was 76.
- compare to chart of Richard, Pierre (born 16 August 1934)
- role played of/by Nichols, Red (born 8 May 1905)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1947 (Classic, Secret Life of Walter Mitty)
Gar Osten quotes Kaye's widow by phone, AFA DX. Sylvia Fine Kaye says she and Danny were clients of Carroll Righter until Danny's death. Kaye took a few years from his birth date in his biography and in Who's Who. PT notes that many websites give 1913 as his birth year but a 1938 ship's passenger list as well as the social security death index give 1911 as his birth year
- Traits : Body : Hair (Red)
- Traits : Personality : Articulate (Amazing vocal command)
- Traits : Personality : Gracious/ sociable
- Traits : Personality : Loved by all (Popular favorite)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Heart disease/attack (Heart failure, terminal)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Other Major diseases (Hepatitis)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Philanthropist (Benefits)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Hobbies, games (Chef)
- Vocation : Business : Business owner (Baseball Club)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : Comedy
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (Legitimate theater)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Secondary)
- Vocation : Healing Fields : Social worker (UNICEF)
- Notable : Extraordinary Talents : For Verbal skills (Famed actor)