|Birthname||Melina Eleni Kanakaredes Constantinides|
|born on||23 April 1967|
|Place||Akron, Ohio, 41n05, 81w31|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
American actress of Greek descent who objected to a name-change, star of the hit TV series "Providence." The show premiered in January 1999, a family drama that gained a steadily increasingly popularity.
The daughter of an insurance salesman and a homemaker, Melina has two older sisters and the close-knit household speaks Greek as fluently as English. She made an acting debut at eight in community theater, and though she graduated cum laude from college, it was acting that held her interest. Always a beauty, she was runner-up in the Miss Ohio pageant in 1986.
Her first big break came in 1991 in the soap, "Guiding Light," where she played for four years. She then appeared as guest in TV shows and two failed dramas before Providence was offered to her in 1998.
Melina married fellow student Peter Constantinides when they were both students at Ohio State, exchanging vows in September 1992. He is now a professional chef and restaurant consultant and they have a daughter, Zoe, born in May 2000. Melina keeps Zoe with her as much as possible on the set, a caring, adoring mother.
- Work : Gain social status 1986 (Runner-up to Miss Ohio beauty pageant)
- Work : New Job 1991 (Began appearing on "Guiding Light")
LMR; pending in BC file
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Third of three girls)
- Vocation : Beauty : Beauty Queen/ King (Runner-up in state beauty pagaent)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (TV strongest medium)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star (Guiding Light and Providence)