|Birthname||Wolfson, Madeline Gail|
|born on||29 September 1942 at 18:07 (= 6:07 PM )|
|Place||Chelsea, Massachusetts, 42n24, 71w02|
|Timezone||EWT h4w (is war time)|
|Astrology data||06°07' 08°37 Asc. 27°44'|
American actress, known for her fey and magical delivery of comedy roles. Her memorable, madcap turns in "Blazing Saddles" and "Young Frankenstein" were punctuated with flouncy gestures, wriggling hips and a lisping, nasal voice that made every line distinctive. She was one-of-a-kind, a lady who set her own agendas.
Khan grew up in New York with a singer-actress mother, divorced from her dad. After graduation from drama school, Kahn showed a knack for stealing scenes from her first movie, 1972's "What's Up, Doc?" She won supporting actress nods with two classic performances two years in a row, in "Paper Moon," 1973 and "Blazing Saddles," 1974.
A couple with John Hansbury for a decade, they wed in October 1999, her only marriage. They lived in a book-crammed Manhattan apartment.
Cancer was diagnosed in September 1998. On 4 November 1999, the intensely private actress went public with her illness. She was so weakened that she had to leave the sitcom on which she was so popular, "Cosby," in which she played Phylicia Rashad's best friend, Pauline. After three rounds of chemotherapy, three surgeries and experimental treatments, she died of ovarian cancer on 3 December 1999, Manhattan, NY. At her side were her husband, John Hansbury, her brother Jeffrey and his 13-year-old daughter Eliza, who "meant everything" to the childless Kahn.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1972 (First noted movie, "What's Up, Doc?")
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1973 (Noted appearance in "Paper Moon")
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1974 (Noted appearance in "Blazing Saddles")
- Social : Secrets revealed 4 November 1999 (Revealed cancer, spoke publicly about it)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Death by Disease 3 December 1999 at 12:00 noon in Manhatten, NY (Ovarian cancer, age 57)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Craft quotes her bc viewed at MA Vital Records Office. She was born at Memorial Hospital in Chelsea, MA. Index Vol. 58, pg. 181.
Same data in The Gauquelin Book of American Charts. (Shelley Ackerman quotes Lloyd Cope, her astrologer, for 06:19 PM from her.)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Ovarian, terminal)
- Family : Childhood : Parents divorced
- Family : Childhood : Sibling circumstances (two half-siblings)
- Family : Relationship : Cohabitation more than 3 yrs (Lived with John over ten years)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage less than 3 Yrs (Two months with John)
- Family : Parenting : Kids none
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (TV and film)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Comedy
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (Theatre)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star ("Cosby Show")
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Notable : Awards : Emmy
- Notable : Awards : Tony