|born on||12 January 1901 at 09:00 (= 09:00 AM )|
|Place||Wasseralfingen, Germany, 48n52, 10e06|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||21°27' 15°46 Asc. 05°54'|
German dancer and choreographer, a teacher and ballet director. A ballet master in Munster in 1924, he founded his own company, for which he created numbers. In 1927 he moved into directing at the Essen Folkwang School, and in 1930 began to manage the productions. Pressure from the Nazi government drove him and his company from Germany in 1933. They performed in England and then on to touring the world up to 1947. At that time they were in Chile where they held a performance over for two years before returning to Germany.
Jooss married dancer Aino Siimola in 1929 and later, their daughter Anna Markard-Jooss became the producer of many of her father's ballets.
He died at Heilbronn on 5/22/1979.
- associate relationship with Corvino, Alfredo (born 2 February 1916)
- Work : New Career 1924 (Ballet master)
- Work : New Career 1927 (Director of the Essen Folkwang School)
- Relationship : Marriage 1929 (Aino Siimola)
- Work : New Job 1930 (Manage the productions)
- Family : Change residence 1933 (Production company left Germany)
- Family : Change residence 1947 (Started performances in Chile)
B.R. in hand from Steinbrecher
- Family : Parenting : Kids - Noted (Daughter handled fathers business)
- Lifestyle : Work : Travel for work (International tours)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Dancer/ Teacher (Ballet dancer, teacher and choreographer)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Director (Ballet)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Production jobs (Productions manager)