|born on||26 March 1942 at 10:25 (= 10:25 AM )|
|Place||Manhattan, New York, 40n46, 73w59|
|Timezone||EWT h4w (is war time)|
|Astrology data||05°18' 23°01 Asc. 18°04'|
American writer, a best-selling novelist with her racy "Fear of Flying," 1973, called "the feminine counterpart of "Tropic of Cancer."
The second of three daughters of a vaudeville-musician dad turned antique doll importer and an amateur painter mom, she earned her B.A. in 1963 and taught English. Her first marriage, at 21 to Michael Werthman, was annulled after six months when he was found to be schizophrenic. At 24, pretty, ebullient, with a sunny disposition, she married fellow Columbia student, Chinese-American child psychologist Dr. Allan Jong and they lived in Germany for the following three years, 1966-69.
She became a critically acclaimed poet with two collections of verse, "Fruits and Vegetables," 1971 and "Half-Lives," 1973.
In 1977 she married sci-fi novelist Jonathan Fast; their daughter Molly was born the following year and they divorced 1981. In 1989 she married attorney Ken Burrows, 48, stating that her naughty days were over.
Jong published "Fear of Fifty" in 1994, part confessional, part cocktail chatter and part intellectual cant in a memoir style, as engaging and fiercely self-centered as ever. Though she says that writing takes priority over both motherhood and men, there have been more than a few torrid romances along her zipless way.
B.C. in hand, LMR (Same in Contemporary American Horoscopes)
- Traits : Body : Race (Anglo)
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Second of three girls)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage less than 3 Yrs (First marriage annulled in six months)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Interracial (First husband Chinese)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Second husband Howard Fast)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Four)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One daughter)
- Passions : Sexuality : Extremes in quantity
- Vocation : Education : Teacher (English)
- Vocation : Writers : Erotic
- Vocation : Writers : Fiction
- Vocation : Writers : Poet
- Notable : Book Collection : Culture Collection