|Birthname||Thomas Jones Woodward|
|born on||7 June 1940 at 00:10 (= 12:10 AM )|
|Place||Pontypridd, Wales, 51n37, 3w22|
|Timezone||GDT h1e (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||16°03' 27°18 Asc. 29°22'|
Welsh-American singer with a long list of recordings that sold over 24 million. Jones abounds with a masculine gusto that stirs quite a feminine reaction, whether on TV or in live performances. He starred in his own TV series in the early '70s, "Here's Tom Jones." Most of his notoriety has come from live stage performances, mainly from the Las Vegas circuit. By the latter part of 1997 Jones had ballooned up to a weight of over 200 lbs. much heavier than from his earlier hip-undulating days of 175. He still sells out his 150 concerts per year, but pals say that his sex symbol days may soon be over.
Jones dropped out of school by 15 and was married with one child by the time he was 17. He took odd-jobs while singing at local pubs. Sued for paternity 6/27/1988 on behalf of Jonathan Jones Berkery, born to Katherine Berkery, Jones was ordered to pay $200 a week in child support.
Bob Landy quotes Motion Picture magazine for a 1970 interview with his parents, "He was born just after midnight; we stayed up all night just watching him."
- Traits : Mind : I.Q. high/ Mensa level (Mensa level: Harvard cum laude)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (Remained married)
- Family : Relationship : Stress - Extramarital affairs
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Lifestyle : Financial : Rags to riches
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (Wales and U.S.)
- Passions : Sexuality : Extremes in quantity (Many lovers)
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Lawsuit instigated (Paternity)
- Vocation : Beauty : Sex-symbol
- Vocation : Entertainment : Night Club/ Vaudeville (Noted Vegas performer)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV host/ Personality
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Notable : Book Collection : Occult/ Misc. Collection