Jones, Marc Edmund
|born on||1 October 1888 at 08:37 (= 08:37 AM )|
|Place||St Louis MO, USA, 38n37, 90w12|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||08°50' 16°31 Asc. 10°01'|
American astrologer, a popular professional and author whose books include, "Guide To Horoscope Interpretation." Prior to becoming a professional, he was a Hollywood script writer in his youth. Greatly interested in metaphysics, he and the gifted clairvoyant Elsie Wheeler set about to find a set of symbols for every degree of the zodiac that was an improvement on degree symbology existent. One day in 1925 in San Diego's Balboa Park, Jones took a series of 360 small blank cards on each of which was noted a sign and degree on the back and held them up for Wheeler to describe her vision. The cards were shuffled continually to keep the selection random.
The images did not seem entirely appropriate, or some were exaggerated, so the cards were put aside until 1931, when the definitions were revised, a process that was repeated in 1948. The results were first published in 1951.
In 1978, two years before his death, Jones was given a respectful and affectionate 90th birthday party by 200 colleagues while planning his next book.
Jones died on 3/05/1980, Stanwood, WA.
- associate relationship with Janduz (born 24 June 1874). Notes: deciphred the 360/9 degrees of the Zodiac
- associate relationship with Wells, Zoe (born 31 December 1881)
- associate relationship with Wheeler, Elsie (born 3 September 1887)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1925 (Created the Sabian Symbols)
Given by him in his book, "Sabian Symbols"
- Traits : Personality : Loved by all (Well liked)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 92)
- Vocation : Education : Researcher (Behaviors in animals and humans)
- Vocation : Education : Teacher (Professor)
- Vocation : Healing Fields : Psychologist (Psychobiologist)
- Vocation : Occult Fields : Astrologer (Pro)
- Vocation : Writers : Astrology
- Vocation : Writers : Playwright/ script
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book