Joao II, King of Portugal
|born on||4 May 1455 Jul.Cal. (13 May 1455 greg.) at 22:26 (= 10:26 PM )|
|Place||Alvor, Portugal, 37n08, 8w35|
|Timezone||LMT m8w35 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||22°19' 04°06 Asc. 07°49'|
Portuguese royalty, the great-grandson of Joao I and the only surviving son of Afonso V by his Queen, his cousin Isabella. In 1471, Joao married his cousin Leonor. He joined his father in battle and conquest and was knighted. He took the throne in August 1481, becoming one of the great Portuguese rulers, holding ruthless assertion of authority over his nobles and resuming the exploration of Africa and the quest for the Indies.
Joao's son was killed in July 1491 and the throne went to his wife's brother, Manuel. After a long illness, Joao died in October 1495 at Alvor, Portugal.
- other kin relationship with Joao I, King of Portugal (born 11 April 1358 Jul.Cal. (19 Apr 1358 greg.)). Notes: Granddad
- Relationship : Marriage 1471 (Leonor, his cousin)
- Death by Disease October 1495 at 12:00 midnight in Alvor, Portugal (Long illness, age 40)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Martin Harvey quotes historical records (May 4, 1455 OS, 10:30 PM LAT)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Leonor)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One son)
- Family : Parenting : Kids -Traumatic event (Son killed)
- Passions : Sexuality : Incest perpetrator (Married cousin)
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease (Long illness)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (Portugal)