|born on||6 April 1977 at 06:00 (= 06:00 AM )|
|Place||Torrance, California, 33n50, 118w20|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||16°39' 20°02 Asc. 24°44'|
American who as a baby was delivered alive in an abortion clinic about 18 hours after her 17-year-old mother was injected with saline solution. The birth mother was seven months pregnant at the time. When Gianna was delivered , the doctors believed she would not be able to walk or even sit up by herself, and she suffers the effects of cerebral palsy and learning disabilities. She was placed in foster care and at the age of 17 months sent to the home of a woman in her 50s. This woman's daughter adopted Gianna at age 3, the year she began to walk.
In her 20s Gianna gives talks about the dangers of this abortion procedure. Highly religious, she believes a miracle from God saved her and propels her to do her work, working with the pro-life movement in its fight to ban abortions.
Gianna appeared before the U.S. House of Representatives Judiciary Subcommittee's hearing on H.R. bill #4292, the " Born-Alive Infants Protection Act of 2000" on July 20, 2000 to give her personal testimony.
- Health : Medical diagnosis 1977 (cerebral policy)
- Family : Adopted by Parent 1980
- Misc. : Mystical Experience 1989 (felt that God told her the story of her birth)
Jim Lale cites National Right to Life News, Aug. 2003, p.8.
Sy Scholfield quotes an online copy of the BC: http://www.jillstanek.com/Gianna%20birth%20certificate%20II%20jpg.jpg
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Other Major diseases (cerebral palsy)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Handicapped (walks with slight limp)
- Family : Childhood : Adopted
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Mystical experience
- Personal : Birth : Defects, Handicaps (cerebral palsy and learning disabilities)
- Personal : Birth : Difficult birth
- Personal : Birth : Unusual circumstances (aborted but delivered alive)