Jean de France
|born on||31 August 1398 Jul.Cal. (8 Sep 1398 greg.) at 17:00 (= 5:00 PM )|
|Place||Paris, France, 48n52, 2e20|
|Timezone||LMT m2e20 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||16°00' 00°38 Asc. 08°15'|
French royalty, Dauphin of France and Duke of Touraine.
He was the fourth son and ninth child of Charles VI of France and Isabeau of Bavaria. After his three elder brothers died, he became Dauphin in 1415. In 1406 he married Jacqueline, heiress of the County of Hainaut, Holland, Zealand, and Frisia. After his marriage to Jacqueline, he was brought up at the castle of Le Quesnoy in Hainaut, at the court of his mother-in-law, Margaret of Burgundy. This arrangement was made between his father and his father-in-law to ensure his safety away from the tulmultous court in Paris, as well as to acquaint him with the lands which he would rule as husband of Jacqueline after her father's death. After the death of his elder brother Louis in December 1415, he became the next Dauphin of France.
He died on 5 April 1417 at the age of eighteen. What exactly caused his death is disputed. According to some, he died of the consequences of an abscess to the head, while other sources suggest he had been poisoned. His younger brother Charles became dauphin and eventually king.
- child->parent relationship with Charles VI, King of France (born 3 December 1368 Jul.Cal. (11 Dec 1368 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Charles VII, King of France (born 22 February 1403 Jul.Cal. (3 Mar 1403 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Isabel de Valois, Queen (born 9 November 1389 Jul.Cal. (17 Nov 1389 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Jeanne de France (born 24 January 1391 Jul.Cal. (1 Feb 1391 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Louis de Guyenne (born 22 January 1397 Jul.Cal. (30 Jan 1397 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Marie de France (born 22 August 1393 Jul.Cal. (30 Aug 1393 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Michelle de Valois (born 11 January 1395 Jul.Cal. (19 Jan 1395 greg.))
Sy Scholfield quotes "Annales de la monarchie française" by Henri-Philippe de Limiers (L'Honoré et Chatelain, 1724), p. 65: "né en l'Hôtel de S. Paul à Paris le 31 Août sur les cinq heures du soir 1398."
- Notable : Famous : Royal family