|Birthname||Shawn Corey Carter|
|born on||4 December 1969 at 00:10 (= 12:10 AM )|
|Place||Brooklyn (Kings County), New York, 40n38, 73w56|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||11°53' 05°12 Asc. 19°13'|
American rapper, record producer, and entrepreneur. He is one of the most financially successful hip-hop artists and entrepreneurs in America. In 2012, Forbes estimated Carter's net worth at nearly $500 million.
Shawn Carter is originally from Marcy Houses, a housing project in the Bedford-Stuyvesant neighborhood of Brooklyn in New York City. He and his three siblings were raised by their mother, Gloria Carter, after their father abandoned the family. He claims in his lyrics that in 1982, at the age of 12, he shot his older brother in the shoulder for stealing his jewelry. Carter attended Eli Whitney High School in Brooklyn, along with future rapper AZ, until it was closed down. After that he attended George Westinghouse Career and Technical Education High School in Downtown Brooklyn, with fellow future rappers The Notorious B.I.G. and Busta Rhymes, and Trenton Central High School in Trenton, New Jersey, but did not graduate. In his music he refers to having been involved in selling crack cocaine. He has also said he had been shot at three times during this time in his life.
According to his mother, Carter used to wake his siblings up at night banging out drum patterns on the kitchen table. Eventually, she bought him a boom box for his birthday, sparking his interest in music. He began freestyling, writing lyrics, and followed the music of many artists popular at the time. In his neighborhood, Carter was known as "Jazzy", a nickname that eventually developed into his showbiz/stage name, "Jay-Z". The moniker is also an homage to his musical mentor, Jaz-O, as well as to the J/Z subway lines that have a stop at Marcy Avenue in Brooklyn.
(For career details, please follow Wikipedia link)
Jay-Z is married to American R&B singer Beyoncé Knowles. In 2002, Jay-Z and Knowles collaborated for the song "'03 Bonnie & Clyde". The couple generally avoid discussing their relationship. Knowles has stated that she believes that not publicly discussing their relationship has helped them. Jay-Z said in a People article, "We don't play with our relationship." They kept a low profile while dating, and married quietly in April 2008. It became a matter of public record on April 22, 2008. At the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards, Beyoncé revealed that she was pregnant with their first child and on January 7, 2012, she gave birth to their daughter, named Blue Ivy Carter, at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York.
- associate relationship with Carey, Mariah (born 27 March 1970). Notes: collaborators
- associate relationship with Rihanna (born 20 February 1988). Notes: signed Rihanna to his label
- associate relationship with Timberlake, Justin (born 31 January 1981). Notes: collaborators
- parent->child relationship with Carter, Blue Ivy (born 7 January 2012)
- spouse relationship with Beyoncé (born 4 September 1981)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 7 January 2012 (birth of daughter Blue Ivy Carter)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Craft quotes biography "Empire State of Mind: How Jay Z Went from Street Corner to Corner Office" by Zack O'Malley Greenburg, pg. 1. "At 12:10 a.m. on October 4, 1969, Brooklyn's last Myrtle Avenue elevated train rumbled off into the night. Two months later, Shawn Corey Carter- better known as Jay Z- entered the world...". Due to the odd wording of this sentence, it could be implied that this is (or is not) Jay's time of birth. Because of this, the standard rating of B (biography) is downgraded to C (caution).
(Previously, a time was quoted from The Black Album booklet. However, an Astrodienst forum member checked the CD booklet and it did not contain the quoted time.)
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (youngest of four children)
- Family : Childhood : Parent, Single or Step (Dad left family, raised by mom)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Beyonce)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (one daughter)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Lifestyle : Financial : Rags to riches
- Lifestyle : Financial : Wealthy
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Drug business (sold cocaine as a teenager)
- Vocation : Beauty : Designer/ Fashion
- Vocation : Business : Entrepreneur
- Vocation : Business : Top executive (former record label president, label founder)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (tours and performances)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Night Club/ Vaudeville (club owner)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Rapper
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Manager/ Agent (Roc Nation)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer (record producer)
- Vocation : Sports Business : Coach/ Manager/ Owner (Roc Nation Sports)
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer
- Notable : Awards : Grammy
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession