James 1, King of Scotland
|born on||19 June 1566 Jul.Cal. (29 June 1566 greg.) at 09:10 (= 09:10 AM )|
|Place||Edinburgh, Scotland, 55n57, 3w13|
|Timezone||LMT m3w13 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||06°51' 03°19 Asc. 06°27'|
British royalty, James VI of Scotland (1567) and James I of England (1603), the first Stuart king of England, calling himself King of Great Britain. He promoted peace in Europe and colonial expansion in America. He was the homosexual only son of Mary, Queen of Scots, and her second husband, Lord Darnley. James was eight months old when his dad was killed and his mom made a third marriage, to James Hepburn. He was proclaimed King on 7/24/1567 after his mother was defeated and abdicated. The following year, Mary left in exile on 5/16/1568 and he never saw her again.
James had a good education until he was 14. Slender, with spindly legs and a narrow jaw, he loved the hunt, dogs and horses. Known for being unpopular and showing favoritism, he was seized from power in 1582 and freed by a counter-plot in 1583. He kept largely to himself; a Presbyterian, he was afraid of the spirit world.
He dutifully married in 1589 and had three children but was a reluctant connubial partner. His son Henry, born in 1594 died at 18, leaving his second son, Charles II, as heir. James succeeded to the throne as King James I of England on the death of Queen Elizabeth I in 1603.
He died 3/27/1625 Theobalds, Scotland.
- friend relationship with Villiers, George (born 28 August 1592 Jul.Cal. (7 Sep 1592 greg.)). Notes: royal favourite
- parent->child relationship with Charles I, King (born 19 November 1600 Jul.Cal. (29 Nov 1600 greg.))
- child->parent relationship with Mary, Queen of Scots (born 8 December 1542 Jul.Cal. (18 Dec 1542 greg.))
- Work : Gain social status 1567 (Mother abdicated, became King)
- Work : Gain social status 24 July 1567 Jul.Cal. (3 Aug 1567 greg.) (Proclaimed king)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Family trauma 16 May 1568 Jul.Cal. (26 May 1568 greg.) (Mother left, never say her again)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Lose social status 1582 (Removed from power)
Martin Harvey in AQ Winter/1951 quotes Buchanan, the royal tutor, who wrote that "on June 19, 1566, somewhat after the 9th hour from midnight, Queen Mary bore a son." William Lilly gave 9:10 AM, published in London in 1644. Other historians wrote "before noon, betwext 10 and 11 of the clocke." (Harvey himself put the time at somewhat after 10:00 AM, say 10:15: see Buchanan, "History of Scotland."
Richard Nolle quotes Paul Wright, "Astrology in Action," 1989, for 9:30 AM LAT with neither source nor Style. Same data given in Birtannica. (LAT correction is +38".)
- Traits : Personality : Difficult/ mean spirited (Unpopular and played favorites)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Passions : Sexuality : Bi-Sexual
- Passions : Sexuality : Celibacy/ Minimal (Dutiful but little interest in women)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (Britain)