Jacobson, Ivy Goldstein
|born on||13 April 1893 at 12:12 (= 12:12 PM )|
|Place||Brisbane, Australia, 27s28, 153e02|
|Timezone||LMT m153e02 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||23°22' 06°20 Asc. 10°47'|
Australian-American astrologer, one of the respected old-timers of the early to mid-20th century. One of the great astrologers of the 20th century, she was self-published, typesetting her own books. Ivy was perhaps best known for her horary astrology, including several books and a correspondence course which she carried on for years and a system for certifying students. Nearly every horary astrologer practicing today draws extensively on her work.
Her family moved to the U.S. when she was five. Her mother and the twins died in June 1903 and the house burned down in August. Living through the San Francisco earthquake and fire, they moved East in 1906.
She married in 1913 and had one daughter 1914; they moved to southern California in 1916.
It was 20 years later before Jacobson began astrology, in 1936. She wrote in a homespun style, books that include "Here and There in Astrology," 1961. In her later years Jacobson broke her hip and was in and out of hospitals. She died 5/05/1990, 7:30 PM PDT, Arcadia, CA.
- (has as) student relationship with Navarro, Gilbert (born 4 February 1947)
- Family : Change residence 1906 (Moved East)
- Relationship : Marriage 1913
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1914 (Daughter born)
- Family : Change residence 1916 (Moved to Southern California)
- Social : Begin a program of study 1936 (Began the study of astrology)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1961 ("Here and There in Astrology")
LMR quotes her own chart found in the files of Franc Hammer Baird
- Family : Childhood : Family traumatic event (Mom and twins died)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (Move to U.S. from Australia)
- Lifestyle : Home : Property damage (House burned down)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 97)
- Vocation : Occult Fields : Astrologer (Pro)
- Vocation : Writers : Astrology (Books, horary)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession