|Birthname||Jackson, Gordon Cameron|
|born on||19 December 1923 at 03:15 (= 03:15 AM )|
|Place||Glasgow, Scotland, 55n53, 4w15|
|Timezone||GMT h0w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||26°12' 10°18 Asc. 27°16'|
Scottish actor best known in the U.S. as the butler in the TV series "Upstairs Downstairs," October 1971 to December 1975, winning the British Actor of the Year Award in 1974. Jackson also won an Emmy in 1976 for his portrayal of Hudson, the stiff-upper-lip butler. From December 1977 to February 1983, he was seen in "The Professions."
Jackson left school at 15 to work for Rolls Royce, already a child star on radio. He acted in over 60 movies in a distinguished career on stage and as a character actor on film and TV. His films include "The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie" and "Mutiny on the Bounty." Jackson married actress Rona Anderson in 1951.
He died of spinal cancer 1/14/1990.
- Death by Disease 1990 (Spinal cancer, age 66)
- Work : Prize 1974 (British Actor of the Year Award)
- Work : Prize 1976 (Emmy)
- Relationship : Marriage 1951 (Rona Anderson)
Paul Wright collection, B.C.
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Film and TV)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star ("Upstairs, Downstairs" and others)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Spinal, terminal)
- Notable : Awards : Emmy
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Actor of the Year Award)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (Theater work)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Child performer (Age 15 and before on radio)