|Birthname||O'Kelly Isley, Jr.|
|born on||25 December 1937 at 14:10 (= 2:10 PM )|
|Place||Cincinnati, Ohio, 39n10, 84w27|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||03°36' 17°29 Asc. 12°31'|
American musician, one of four brothers who sang in the local church choir before forming a professional quartet in 1955. They quit for a year when brother Vernon was killed in a bicycle accident. After they resumed, they had a single record deal in 1957 but their big break did not come for another two years, a Rhythm & Blues hit in 1959. They were able to move the entire family to New Jersey. In July 1962 their "Twist and Shout" topped the charts.
The brothers formed their own record label in 1964, T-Neck, with Ron as President and head vocalist. Their first release had Jimi Hendrix on guitar. They were signed by Motown 1965-68, then revived T-Neck, writing and producing their own material.
In 1969 the boys added two more brothers and a cousin who were with them for 15 years. There was an acrimonious split when they became a trio themselves in 1984.
Kelly died of a heart attack 3/31/1986, Alpine, NJ.
- associate relationship with Hendrix, Jimi (born 27 November 1942). Notes: Hendrix occasionally played guitar for The Isley Brothers
- sibling relationship with Isley, Ronald (born 21 May 1941)
- sibling relationship with Isley, Rudolph (born 1 April 1939)
- Death of Sibling 1956 (Brother Vernon killed)
- Work : Gain social status 1959 (First big break, big hit)
- Social : Joined group 1969 (Added two brothers and a cousin to group)
- Social : Left group 1984 (Brothers and cousin left group)
B.C. in hand from Frank C. Clifford
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Heart (Long term heart disease)
- Family : Childhood : Sibling circumstances (Sang with three brothers)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Personal : Misc. : Changed name (Dropped the O from O'Kelly)
- Vocation : Business : Business owner (T-Neck label, Secretary)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (T-Neck)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Guitar)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/Opera
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer (T-Neck label)