|Birthname||James Newell Osterberg, Jr.|
|born on||21 April 1947 at 11:34 (= 11:34 AM )|
|Place||Muskegon, Michigan, 43n14, 86w15|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||00°44' 07°26 Asc. 29°21'|
American musician, a punk rocker. He was the lead for the band The Stooges from 1967-1974. In 1968 the group signed a contract with Elektra Records.In 1972 he and David Bowie made a recording together and Iggy Pop became well known in punk rock circles. Known for his wild antics onstage, he has released several solo albums as well as collaborations on various recording labels. A talented musician, he plays keyboard, guitar, drums and provides vocals.
He penned an autobiography entitled, " I Need More" (early 1980s)
- associate relationship with Bowie, David (born 8 January 1947)
- associate relationship with Mascis, J. (born 10 December 1965). Notes: Occasional musical collaborators
- associate relationship with Watt, Mike (born 20 December 1957). Notes: Watt plays bass for the re-formed Stooges
- Social : Joined group 1967 (Rock band, "The Stooges")
Nick Dagan Best submitted a copy of the birth certificate that he says was: "taken from a TV commercial Iggy did for an insurance company last year, and it shows a giant image of his birth certificate projected behind him. The time of birth can be clearly seen as "11:34 a.m." However, as Best notes, the name on the birth certificate is "Iggy Pop" and not his birth name of James Newell Osterberg. The time may be authentic but caution is advised. Best notes that the name at birth, the date and place also appear in the musician's biography, "Open Up and Bleed" by Paul Trynka.
In November 2014, Markku Manninen wrote per email: "A musician friend of mine once met Iggy Pop when he was visiting Finland. She asked for his birth data and it really is the one posted on your site."
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer