|Birthname||Christine Ellen Hynde|
|born on||7 September 1951 at 10:20 (= 10:20 AM )|
|Place||Akron, Ohio, 41n05, 81w31|
|Timezone||EDT h4w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||14°09' 28°55 Asc. 23°08'|
American singer and bandleader of the rock band, "The Pretenders." Their debut album in 1980 was a tour-de-force, their finest work. In the '70s, Hynde had moved to London to seek her fortune and she had varied experience in the rock world before assembling the group.
Through the '80s they remained a tour favorite in America; it was there that she met the "Kinks" Ray Davis. They had a tempestuous four year relationship, with a baby daughter in August 1982. The next group, "Pretender II," came out in 1982, another collection of melodious rock played with new-wave enthusiasm. It was a hard year on the band with one member fired in June due to drug use and two others dying of drug overdoses. The band dismembered and Hynde went solo in 1987.
In 1984, following a whirlwind affair, she married Jim Kerr of "Simple Minds," they had one daughter. She made a second marriage to Colombian sculptor Lucho Brieva at London's Westminster Register Office 7/10/1997. They both wore jeans, ate veggie pies from a roadside stand and walked home from the ceremonies.
In a ceremony held at New York’s Waldorf-Astoria Hotel on March 14, 2005, the singer-songwriter and the other members of the group, The Pretenders, were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
- friend relationship with Mathews, Dan (born 25 October 1964)
- spouse relationship with Kerr, Jim (born 9 July 1959)
- spousal equivalent relationship with Davies, Ray (born 21 June 1944). Notes: Had one daughter together
- Work : New Career 1980 (Band debut)
- Work : Contracts, agreements 1982 (Second band formed)
- Relationship : Marriage 1984 (Jim Kerr)
- Work : New Career 1987 (Went solo)
B.C. in hand from Frank C. Clifford
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Relationship : Stress - Chronic misery (Tumultuous relationship with Ray Davis)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two daughters)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (Pretenders I and II)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Notable : Awards : Hall of Fame
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women