Hurd, Gale Anne
|born on||25 October 1955 at 10:13 (= 10:13 AM )|
|Place||Los Angeles CA, USA, 34n03, 118w14|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||01°33' 21°51 Asc. 22°13'|
American producer of noted films during the '90s that include "Terminator," "Aliens," and "Raising Cain."
Raised in Palm Springs, California, Hurd graduated from Stanford University with a Phi Beta Kappa key and became executive assistant to Roger Corman, who produced "Battle Beyond the Stars" and "Smokey Bites the Dust." She began producing on her own in the mid-'80s, taking science fiction to new limits with such smashes as "The Terminator" which she co-wrote, "Aliens," and "Alien Nation." She also produced "The Abyss," in 1989, which flopped at the box office and with the critics.
She has been married twice, once to "Terminator" and "Titanic" producer-director James Cameron. Her second husband, Brian De Palma, directed "Raising Cain" with her. After a short 16 month marriage, they separated in October 1992, with one daughter.
For relaxation, she rides Paso fino horses and scuba dives.
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 19 September 1991 at 12:00 midnight in Palo Alto, CA (Daughter Lolita born)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1992 (Production of "Raising Cain")
LMR quotes a colleague, from Hurd's B.C.
- Traits : Mind : I.Q. high/ Mensa level (Mensa level: Phi Beta Kappa from Stanford)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage less than 3 Yrs (Second marriage, 16 months)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Brian De Palma, James Cameron)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One daughter)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Animals, pets (Paso Fino horses)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Outdoors (Scuba diving)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women