|Birthname||Nicholas Farrar Hughes|
|born on||17 January 1962 at 23:54 (= 11:54 PM )|
|Place||North Tawton, England, 50n48, 3w53|
|Timezone||GMT h0e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||27°25' 25°55 Asc. 15°18'|
English-born son of noted parents, poets Sylvia Plath and Ted Hughes, and a sucide.
Hughes was just over a year old when his mom killed herself. At age 6, in 1969, his father's mistress killed herself and her young daughter in the same way as his mother had (by gassing). His dad married Carol Hughes in 1970 and Nicholas and his older sister Frieda lived with Carol and Ted as they grew up in England. A student at Oxford University, he earned both his bachelor of science and a master of science there. His father died in 1998.
Nicholas never married and had no children. After earning his doctorate from the University of Alaska in 1991, he joined the faculty there. A respected scientist and professor of fisheries, he had many hobbies, including pottery, woodworking and gardening. In 2006 he resigned from the university to continue his research into the habits and biology of fish and to work on his hobbies especially pottery. For some time according to his sister he had suffered from depression, ending his life by hanging on March 16, 2009.
- parent relationship with Hughes, Ted (born 17 August 1930)
- parent relationship with Plath, Sylvia (born 27 October 1932)
- sibling relationship with Hughes, Frieda (born 1 April 1960)
- Work : Fired/Laid off/Quit 2007 (Left position at the University of Alaska)
An Astro.com forum member with moniker Alkes gave the data on the forum citing as source the book "'Letters of Ted Hughes' selected and edited by Christopher Reid [Faber & Faber 2007] Page 194, a letter to Esther & Leonard Baskin…. 'Happy New Year. That heading has been lying around for a fortnight- my procedures having been disrupted by the arrival of a son. 17th january, at 6 minutes to midnight.' The location - 'Court Green' their house in North Tawton [Devon] is clear from 'Bitter Fame' Anne Stevenson's Plath biography, to quote 'For the birth.... Sylvia was temporarily in the guest room,....with a view to the back over the wych elms and the ancient mound' . Mound and elms are definitely at 'Court Green'.
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Depression
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Poets Sylvia Plath and Ted Hughes)
- Family : Childhood : Family traumatic event
- Personal : Death : Suicide
- Vocation : Education : Teacher (College professor)
- Vocation : Science : Biology