|born on||14 May 1962 at 08:30 (= 08:30 AM )|
|Place||Mansfield, England, 53n09, 1w11|
|Timezone||GDT h1e (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||23°02' 23°19 Asc. 15°16'|
British astrologer, editor of "The Traditional Astrologer," a subscription based magazine from 1993, publisher of rare and out-of-print Astrological texts, and graphic designer. Houlding is a consultant and writer, specializing in horary and traditional astrology. She has made a few TV appearances and has written for the popular media. As a graphic designer, she is frequently commissioned to create web pages for others.
Houlding has a background of mediumship. She began studying astrology in 1982 with the Faculty of Astrological Studies, and later with the Qualifying Horary Diploma Course. She qualified as a professional astrologer in 1989 and has worked as a consultant astrologer since, mainly in horary and predictive techniques. She also offers correspondence courses, lectures, and seminars.
With a long-term interest in the history and development of astrology and its symbolism, she founded Ascella Publications in 1992 to make rare and out-of-print astrological texts available to students. The list now extends to over 100 titles specializing in the history and tradition of astrology. Texts range from reprints of works dating from the 3rd century BC to original, contemporary titles.
Houlding has been presented with the Nitens Award from Faculty of Astrological Studies for 'Best calculation paper submitted in the Faculty Certificate Examination' in 1988 and a Diploma from the Qualifying Horary Practitioner Course (QHP) in 1999. She was honored by the P.A.I. of America for 'outstanding activities on behalf of furthering the goals of astrology in 1993. This award was received for consistently well-written editorials in her magazine.
She has published a wide variety of articles in other journals such as The AA Journal, The Horary Practitioner, Astrology Quarterly of the A.L.L. , The Southern Astrologer, Mercurio 3 (Spain), Astralis (France), The FAA Journal (Australia) and The AA Medical Newsletter.
During the 1990s she spoke regularly at the annual conference of the British Astrological Association, most recently offering a master class on Traditional astrology at the 1997 event at Cirencester.
Her psychic demonstrations have frequently been given at Stansted Hall, the renowned Arthur Finley Spiritualist College at Stansted, UK. In March 1998, she gave
intensive horary courses at Tasmania, Auckland and Melbourne with further courses in October 1998 in Perth, Adelaide and Brisbane. In the UK, a residential
Beginner's Week was held at Castleton, Derbyshire, during late July 1997.
- Social : Begin a program of study 1982 (Began studying astrology)
- Work : Prize 1988 (Nitens Award)
- Work : New Career 1989 (Professional astrologer)
- Work : Start Business 1992 (Started Ascella Publications)
- Work : New Job 1993 (Editor of "The Traditional Astrologer")
- Work : Prize 1993 (Astrological award)
- Work : New Job 1997 (Taught astrology course)
- Social : End a program of study 1999 (Qualifyuing Horary Practitioner, degree)
Sy Scholfield quotes Houlding's official website for her data and chart: http://www.astrology-world.com/deb.html
- Vocation : Business : Business owner (Publishing business)
- Vocation : Computer : Web site design (Graphics designer)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV host/ Personality (Guest a few times)
- Vocation : Occult Fields : Astrologer (Pro, traditional and horary)
- Vocation : Writers : Astrology (Articles)
- Vocation : Writers : Publisher/ Editor (Editor astrological magazine, publisher)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Astrological awards)