|Birthname||Hope, Leslie Townes|
|born on||29 May 1903 at 15:36 (= 3:36 PM )|
|Place||Eltham, England, 51n27, 0e04|
|Timezone||GMT h0w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||07°05' 14°33 Asc. 21°10'|
|Alternative rectified time|
|Rectified by Isaac Starkman|
|Date||29 May 1903 at 06:36:48 (= 06:36:48 AM )|
|Place||Eltham (South London), ENG (UK), 51n27, 0e04|
|Timezone||GMT h0e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||06°43' 08°58 Asc. 15°05'|
English entertainer and comedian, a superstar who is noted for his quick-witted one-liners on current events and his world tours for service men. He made his radio debut in 1935, and his first film in 1938. Between 1938-79, he did 61 movies and, in 1950, he started into TV. One of the 50 richest men in the U.S., his worth is estimated as between $250-500 million. He has been the recipient of 42 honorary awards and in May 1993, NBC wishes him a happy 90th birthday with a star-studded, three-hour review. In 1998 Queen Elizabeth gave Hope an honorary Knighthood.
He married Dolores in 1933 and the couple adopted four kids. Bob and Dolores lived in the same house in the San Fernando Valley (CA) for over 60 years.
The author of seven books and ardent golfer, playing well into his 90s, he called golf his "little beauty secret." At age 86, he was asked what he looked forward to with the fame, praise and a huge fortune to his credit. He replied, "More fun."
Hope died of pneumonia on Sunday, July 27, 2003 in his home in Toluca Lake, CA, with his family at his bedside. He had turned 100 just two months prior. His wife Dolores died on September 19, 2011, also in Toluca Lake, age 102.
- Relationship : Marriage 1933 (married Delores)
- Work : New Career 1935 (radio debut)
- Work : New Career 1938 (first film)
- Work : New Job 1950 (broke into TV)
- Work : Prize 1998 (honoray knighthood)
Church of Light from "Bulletin of Astro-Science," 5/1959, given for London. LMR quotes Eddie Rio, who plays golf with Hope, who corrected the place to Eltham, England, but said he had no idea of the time, "maybe morning"
Starkman rectified to 06.36.48 GMT
- Traits : Personality : Humorous, Witty
- Traits : Personality : Loved by all
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Pneumonia
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (70 years)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage - Very happy
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (two)
- Family : Parenting : Foster, Step, or Adopted Kids
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3
- Lifestyle : Work : Loves job
- Lifestyle : Work : Skills - Multi-faceted (song-and-dance, comedy, acting)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Sports (golf)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (age 100)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : Comedy
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV host/ Personality
- Vocation : Writers : Humor