Holmes à Court, Robert
|Birthname||Michael Robert Hamilton Holmes à Court|
|born on||27 July 1937 at 14:20 (= 2:20 PM )|
|Place||Johannesburg, South Africa, 26s15, 28e0|
|Timezone||EET h2e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||04°02' 22°09 Asc. 20°44'|
Australian entrepreneur, born in South Africa and educated at the U. of WA, where he earned his law degree. He began his legal practice in December 1967. With a background of family wealth, he made his own move into the world of finance in 1970 by gaining control of Western Worsted and Woolen Mills Ltd. At the height of his success, Holmes a Court owned 44.5% of his Bell Group Ltd, which had an estimated value of $650 million. During the '80s, he bought substantial parcels of shares in various companies until 10/19/1987 when he was hit hard with the stock market crash. In mid-1988 he sold most of his shares in the Bell Group and aborted a planned takeover of the John Fairfax group. In 1985, Business Review Weekly named him Australia's richest man with a net worth of $300 million.
Holmes a Court married Janet Lee on 5/18/1966. At his height, he put together a valuable art collection and was successfully involved in horse breeding and racing.
He died of a heart attack in Perth, Australia on 9/02/1990.
- parent->child relationship with Holmes à Court, Peter (born 11 November 1968)
- Work : Start Business 1970 (Gained significant shares in Western Worsted)
- Financial : Best Period 1985 (Named as Australia's wealthiest man)
- Financial : Lose significant money 19 October 1987 (Hit hard with stock market crash)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Financial : Investments 1988 (Sold most of shares)
Dennis Sutton quotes a time from Holmes a Court's mother, given in Sutton's 50 Australian charts, published 1996
- Family : Childhood : Advantaged (Affluent family)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (24 years)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Invest/ Stocks, Bonds (Shares and acquistions)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Loss - Financial crisis (Hit hard in stock market crash)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Wealthy (Australia's richest man)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Collector (Extensive art collection)
- Vocation : Business : Entrepreneur
- Vocation : Law : Attorney
- Vocation : Misc. : Animal Breeder/Trainer (Horse breeding and racing)