Hollings, Ernest "Fritz"
|Birthname||Ernest Frederick Hollings|
|born on||1 January 1922 at 14:30 (= 2:30 PM )|
|Place||Charleston SC, USA, 32n46, 79w55|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||10°38' 20°30 Asc. 28°58'|
American politician, a US Senator from South Carolina. Fritz Hollings graduated from the Citadel in 1942 and enlisted in the US Army as an officer in World War II, where he served in the North African and European campaigns. He was awarded the Bronze Star and seven of the ribbons. Leaving the Army in 1945, he enrolled in the University of South Carolina School of Law and earned his Bachelor of Laws in 1947. That year he was admitted to the bar and began practicing law in Charleston, SC. In 1948 he was elected to the state's House of Representatives, and re-elected in 1953. In 1955, he became Lieutenant Governor and in 1958 was elected Governor.
He lost his bid for the US Senate in 1962 but four years later, he was elected (1966) to complete the unexpired term of Olin Johnson. That year, (1966) he earned his doctor of laws degree from the Citadel. In 1984, he made an unsuccessful bid for the Democratic nomination for US President.
In 2004, he is serving his seventh Senate term and is the fourth most senior member of the Senate. His marriage with his wife Rita Liddy (called "Peatsy") has produced has four children and seven grandchildren.
- Social : Joined group 1942 (enlisted in US Army)
- Work : New Career 1947 (admitted to the bar/joins law practice)
- Work : New Career 1948 (first political job)
- Work : Begin Major Project 1955 (lietuenant governor)
- Work : Begin Major Project 1958 (elected Governor)
- Work : Lose social status 1962 (lost bid for US Senate)
- Work : New Job 1966 (elected to the US Senate)
- Work : Lose social status 1984 (lost bid to garner nomination for Democratic presidential candidate)
Marjorie Rosen quotes Gauquelin, from birth certificate
- Traits : Mind : Education extensive (Doctor of Laws degree)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (four kids)
- Lifestyle : Work : Travel for work
- Vocation : Law : Attorney
- Vocation : Military : Combat
- Vocation : Military : Honors (Bronze Star)
- Vocation : Military : Military service
- Vocation : Politics : Candidate and lost
- Vocation : Politics : Public office (Senate)