|born on||14 March 1853 at 05:00 (= 05:00 AM )|
|Place||Bern, Switzerland, 46n57, 7e26|
|Timezone||LST m7e26 (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||23°33' 12°22 Asc. 16°29'|
Swiss artist who opened his own studio at age 28 after winning his first of many awards seven years earlier. In 1891, at age 38, he began a series of paintings on basic existence, love and death, faith and despair, God and grief.
His career began at age nine when he began to help his dad in the sign-painting business. When he was 14, he was apprenticed to Ferdinand Sommer and learned to paint Swiss views for tourists. Five years later, he began copying at the museum where he was noticed by Barthelemy Menn and began studying with him.
He was the eldest of six kids and the son of a carpenter. After his father died, his mother remarried and had three more kids; she died in 1867.
Augustine Dupin, a model, was his mistress and together they had one son named Hector; she died of TB. He was first married to Berta Stucki in 1889; the marriage was short and only lasted two years. His second marriage was to Berthe Jacques in 1898. In his old age he had a daughter by a model; she was adopted by his wife.
In 1917 he began to suffer from pulmonary edema and he died the following year.
- Death of Mother 1867
- Relationship : Marriage 1889 (Berta Stucki)
- Relationship : Marriage 1898 (Berth Jacques)
- Health : Medical diagnosis 1917 (Pulmonary edema)
Arno Müller, vol 2. Formerly, Lescaut quotes Baptism for 4.30, Gurzelen, Switzerland, not confirmed
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Heart (Pulmonary edema)
- Family : Childhood : Family large (First of six kids)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage less than 3 Yrs (First marriage two years)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (One)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Relationship : Stress - Extramarital affairs (Several affairs with models)
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist (Painter)