Historic: World Trade Center
|born on||4 April 1973 at 15:00 (= 3:00 PM )|
|Place||Manhattan, New York, 40n46, 73w59|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||14°55' 03°04 Asc. 05°29'|
American trade buildings standing out in the skyline of New York City, twin towers that are 110 stories high. The groundbreaking ceremony was on 5 August 1966. Offices were being occupied after 1970 but the official opening ceremony complete with ribbon cutting was on 4 April 1973.
The World Trade Center is more than its signature twin towers: it is a complex of seven buildings on 16-acres, constructed and operated by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey (PANYNJ). The towers, One and Two World Trade Center, rise at the heart of the complex, each climbing more than 100 feet higher than the silver mast of the Empire State Building.
On 11 September 2001, both of the twin towers of the World Trade Center were destroyed by a devastating terrorist attack in which two aircraft were flown into the buildings.
- associate relationship with Laffoley, Paul (born 14 August 1935). Notes: Worked as architect
- compare to chart of Animal: Labrador Retriever Salty (born 12 December 1996)
- compare to chart of Cities: New York, New York (Consolidation) (born 1 January 1898)
- compare to chart of Historic: 40 Wall Street Bldg (born 26 May 1930). Notes: Tallest building in the world, April 1930 – May 1930
- compare to chart of Historic: Burj Khalifa (born 4 January 2010). Notes: World's tallest structure, 2008-
- compare to chart of Historic: Chrysler Building (born 27 May 1930). Notes: World's tallest structure, 1930–1931
- compare to chart of Historic: Empire State Bldg (born 1 May 1931). Notes: Tallest building in the world, 1931-1970
- compare to chart of Historic: Pulitzer Building (born 10 December 1890). Notes: Tallest building in the world, 1970-1974
- compare to chart of Historic: Singer Building (born 29 April 1908). Notes: Tallest building in the world, 1970-1974
- compare to chart of Historic: Woolworth Building (born 24 April 1913). Notes: Tallest building in the world, 1913–1930
- compare to chart of Ingrassia, Christopher (born 24 April 1973)
- compare to chart of Petit, Philippe (born 13 August 1949)
- compare to chart of Terrorist: WTC (2001) (born 11 September 2001)
Sy Scholfield quotes "Alcoa Files Suit on Trade Center" New York Times, 28 March 1973, p. 93: "it was announced yesterday that the World Trade Center, whose over-all cost has been estimated at $700-million, would be formally dedicated next Wednesday at 3 P.M." There are articles in the NYT on 5 April 1973 (pp. 1 + 34) discussing the dedication on the day before but the time of the event is not mentioned again there.
Originally, data was published for 12 noon. Source notes: LMR quotes websites www.skyscraper.org and http://www.skyscraper.org/tallest/t_wtc.htm. Scholfield looked at these websites but finds no time.
- Mundane : Civic/Entertainment : Foundings
- Mundane : Political : Terrorist attacks (Destroyed by attacks on 11 September 2001)
- Mundane : Misc. Mundane : Historic milestones (Tallest building in the world, 1970-1974)