|Birthname||Dohnyale Sharon Hines|
|born on||4 September 1970 at 23:32 (= 11:32 PM )|
|Place||Sydney, Australia, 33s52, 151e13|
|Timezone||AEST h10e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||11°36' 21°39 Asc. 26°12'|
Afro-Australian singer fronting the popular band, "The Rockmelons," 1991-92, peaking with her song, "Ain’t No Sunshine." Hines has sung with and for such people as
Jimmy Barnes, Kylie Minogue and Peter Blakely. She played Mary Magdalene in Jesus Christ Superstar 1994-95, and released her first solo song "It's Alright" on her first solo album "Imagination" in 1996, which was released again two years later in a remixed version.
The love-child of black American-born Australian singing icon, Marcia Hines (b. 7/20/1953 in Boston, MA), the apparently fatherless "Deni" Hines has been in the public eye ever since she was born to the unmarried 17-year-old Marcia. Her mom was noticeably pregnant with her while touring with the Australian production of the musical, "Hair." Marcia’s labor was intense and rapid. Adorable and popular from her first day, Deni was born with a full head of curly black hair which the nurses would tie with dozens of red ribbons. After attending her birth, Teddy, a gay black cast member, became her godfather. The physically-fit Marcia went back to work nine days after the delivery with
baby Deni placed in a portable crib under the stage of Hair.
Learning self-defense early, Deni reportedly carried a pair of scissors around at high school to defend herself from other students who used to gang up on her because of her bi-racial illegitimacy and her mother's fame as "Queen of Pop." Growing up lithe, gorgeous and stage-loving, with flawless dark complexion, she tried a few modeling stints at school but a modeling career did not jell. She did get work experience in a mortuary and although interested in medicine, quit because it was too hard. Hines turned to singing and band work in 1990, though her nervous stage fright was so severe that she often vomited before performances.
She married and divorced INXS band member, Kirk Pengilly. Superstitious, she surrounds herself with crystals and wears 11 shells in her hair because she believes 11 is a positive number and brings good luck.
- child->parent relationship with Hines, Marcia (born 20 July 1953)
- Work : New Career 1990 (Began singing and working with bands)
- Work : Begin Major Project 1991 (Lead singer for "The Rockmelons")
- Work : New Job 1994 (Appeared in "Jesus Christ Superstar")
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1996 (Solo album released)
Sy Scholfield quotes date, place and time of birth from a biography by Karen Dewey, "Diva: The Life of Marcia Hines." Sydney: Macmillan, 2001, pp. 71-72. Date and place also from Marcia Hines' official website (http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/3902/biography.htm). Time of birth is also consistent with info in an article in "The I Magazine" (http://www.thei.aust.com/isite/denihines.html) in which Hines is quoted as saying, "I'm Virgo with a Taurus rising...I'm like earth, earth, earth,…"
- Traits : Body : Race (Black)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage less than 3 Yrs (Short marriage to Kirk Pengilly)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Metaphysical (Superstitious, number 11 lucky for her, crystals)
- Personal : Birth : Illegitimate birth (Mom was 17)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (Jesus Christ Superstar)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (The Rockmelons)