|born on||24 February 1981 at 00:01 (= 12:01 AM )|
|Place||Adelaide, Australia, 34s55, 138e35|
|Timezone||ACDT h10e30 (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||04°51' 26°50 Asc. 01°57'|
Australian tennis player, a Wimbledon champion 2002. From a family of sporting achievers, Lleyton’s dad and uncle played league football and his mom played state netball. His sister Jaslyn became a champion junior tennis player. From the age of four he was hitting the ball consistently over the net, so his folks hired a tennis pro for "Rusty," as he was known.
His first pro pay check from the ATP circuit was $US 430 on 8/12/1997, for beating compatriot Jaymon Crabb in a first round event in Perth. Since then, he has won the U.S. Open and the Wimbledon Crown. He is known for his professionalism, killer instinct and speed He grinds his opponents down from the baseline and gets a kick from making his opponents flounder. An avid recreational golfer, Lleyton’s life is filled and bracketed by sports. From the time he was five, he spent up to 12 hours a day on the tennis court. He won his first pro title in 1998 in Adelaide. It was the encouragement he needed to forgo further education and join the ATP tour fulltime. He made his Davis Cup debut in 1999, a "baptism of fire" against talented and more experienced players. He went on to further Davis Cup success, the latest being his emphatic victory over Kuerten in Brazil.
He and fellow athlete Kim Clijsters called off their engagement in autumn, 2004.
The tennis champ wed Rebecca Cartwright on July 21, 2005 at the Sydney Opera House. Their first child, a daughter named Mia Rebecca Hewitt, was born on November 29, 2005, 01:45 AM AEDT, Sydney, NSW, Australia, according to news report submitted by Sy Scholfield.
- lover relationship with Clijsters, Kim (born 8 June 1983). Notes: ended 2004
- opponent/rival/enemy relationship with Escudé, Nicolas (born 3 April 1976)
- parent->child relationship with Hewitt, Mia Rebecca (born 29 November 2005)
- Work : Prize 1998 (First professional title)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1999 (Competed in the Davis Cup)
- Work : Prize 2002 (Wimbledon Championship)
Sy Scholfield quotes an article in the national newspaper by Ashley Porter, "Lleyton’s Fact File" (The Australian, 07/09/2002, p. 2): "First Lob: Born midnight, February 24, 1981, in Adelaide. Later that day, Prince Charles and Lady Diana Spencer announced their engagement, while Yoko
Ono won a Grammy with her late husband John Lennon for best album Double Fantasy." Sy noted, "I emailed Porter requesting the source of the info for Hewitt's "midnight" time of birth but have not received a reply. It is possible that "midnight" was mistakenly taken from Hewitt's official website (http://www.lleytonhewitt.biz/) where astrologer Mina Van Allen provides an astrological reading for him using a "12pm" or noon chart, no Ascendant sign mentioned. Then again, the article seems to have been cobbled together from various resources and his time of birth may have come from his parents. Hewitt's birth announcement in the classifieds section of the Adelaide
Advertiser newspaper stated the same date and place of birth but did not include a time of birth." In January 2005, Sy Scholfield confirms the time and date by quoting from Hewitt's birth announcement in the Adelaide newspaper the day after Hewitt's birth.
- Family : Childhood : Family supportive (Family sports oriented)
- Family : Childhood : Sibling circumstances (Sister also a tennis champ)
- Lifestyle : Work : Start young less than 16 (Tennis tournaments from age 16)
- Lifestyle : Work : Travel for work (International competitions)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Sports (Golf)
- Vocation : Sports : Tennis (Pro, champion)
- Notable : Awards : Sports Championship (Davis Cup, Wimbledon, US Open, others)