Herder, Johann Gottfried
|born on||25 August 1744 at 23:30 (= 11:30 PM )|
|Place||Mohrungen, Germany, 53n54, 19e55|
|Timezone||LMT m19e55 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||02°54' 02°49 Asc. 03°10'|
German philosopher, theologian, poet, translator and literary critic. He was the leading figure of the Sturm und Drang literary movement and an innovator in the philosophy of history and culture. A prolific writer, he was one of the most influential writers and thinkers of the German language in the Age of Enlightenment and pioneer of the romantic movement. He had great influence on J.W. von Goethe.
He died on 18 December 1803, Weimar, Germany.
- friend relationship with Claudius, Matthias (born 15 August 1740)
- friend relationship with Goethe, Johann Wolfgang von (born 28 August 1749)
Thomas Ring, vol. 3.
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Philosopher/ Humanist
- Vocation : Writers : Religion/ Philosophy
- Vocation : Writers : Poet
- Notable : Famous : Historic figure