|born on||9 April 1909 at 08:00 (= 08:00 AM )|
|Place||Mount Gambia, Australia, 37s50, 140e46|
|Timezone||ACST h9e30 (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||18°26' 22°53 Asc. 06°17'|
Australian ballet dancer, choreographer, actor, producer and director of ballet and stage plays who began his dance training at age five and performed from the time he was 11. After 1927, he toured Australia in plays, musicals and comedies. He moved to London in December 1932 to the corp-de-ballet of Sadler's Wells Co. At that time, he added the extra 'n' to the family name.
Helpmann was named Australian of the Year in 1966, and knighted by Queen Elizabeth II in 1968.
He met 19-year old Michael Benthall on 10/17/1938; they were lifetime companions up until the time of Benthall's death.
In July 1986, Helpmann was hospitalized with bleeding ulcers, severe bronchitis and pneumonia.
He died on 9/28/1986, 3:26 AM AEST, Sydney, Australia.
- Work : Prize 1968 (Knighted by Queen Elizabeth II)
"The Helpman Family Story," "My baby was born on the Good Friday of 1909 at 8:00 in the morning"
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Pneumonia (Severe, with other illnesses)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Lung (Severe bronchitis)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Gastrointestinal (Bleeding ulcers)
- Family : Relationship : Cohabitation more than 3 yrs (With Michael 47 years)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Same sex
- Passions : Sexuality : Homosexual male
- Personal : Misc. : Changed name (Added one N to surname)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Child performer (Debut at five)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Dancer/ Teacher (Ballet, choreographer)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Director (Ballet and stage plays)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer (Ballet and stage plays)
- Notable : Awards : Knighted (By QE II)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Notable : Book Collection : Culture Collection