|Birthname||Heckart, Anna Eileen|
|born on||29 March 1919 at 06:02 (= 06:02 AM )|
|Place||Columbus OH, USA, 39n58, 83w00|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||07°45' 04°56 Asc. 22°25'|
American actress who is more noted for legitimate theater than for film. However, she was nominated for an Oscar as Best Supporting Actress for her role in "The Bad Seed," 1956. The role was reproduced from her Broadway triumph of two years prior. She was acclaimed for the Broadway plays "Picnic," 1953 and "The Dark at the Top of the Stairs," 1957-1958.
In 1995 she moved into TV, playing a malicious mother-in-law with comedic skill on the series "The Five Mrs. Buchanans." She completed her career with two Emmys and a special Tony for career excellence.
He was diagnosed with cancer in 1998, Heckart died on 12/31/2001, at her home in Norwalk with her son by her side.
- Work : Prize 1953 ("Picnic")
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1956 ("The Bad Seed")
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1957 ("The Dark at the Top of the Stairs")
Paul Rosner quotes her, 1979
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Terminal)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (Legitimate theater)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star (The Five Mrs. Buchanans)
- Notable : Book Collection : Occult/ Misc. Collection