|Birthname||Michael Steward Heath|
|born on||9 April 1964 at 06:37 (= 06:37 AM )|
|Place||McAllen, Texas, 26n12, 98w14|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||19°41' 09°59 Asc. 25°36'|
American Olympic swimmer who led the American Olympic men's relay team to Gold Medals in 1984. Heath was a highly ranked swimmer while attending Highland Park High School in Dallas. A member of Randy Reese's swim club at the University of Florida in Gainsville, he disciplined himself for the hard work ahead in the Olympic free style race. He won his first national title in the NCAA meet in March 1984 in the 200 yard free style. Heath sported a flat-top haircut to psych up for his Olympic swimming events.
Heath was the son of Edward and Elizabeth (Culbertson) Heath. Born and raised in his hometown of Dallas, Texas, Heath was considered a fine-tuned athlete in school. In 1981, he swam for the junior U.S. team against the junior USSR swim team. He participated in the 1983 Pan American Games Swim team. The disciplined swimmer was also a deer hunting enthusiast who hunted with his coach. His broad grin, easy-going and laid back manner is indicative of his Texas good ol' boy image.
At 19, Heath set a new American record in the 200 meter free style beating out world record holder Rowdy Gaines at the Olympic tryouts. Heath got off to a bad start by finishing fourth in the 100 meter free style at the Los Angeles Olympic Games. Disappointed, he was able to come back and get the silver medal in the 200 meter free style and a gold medal in the 800 meter free style relays. Happy with his medals and his first international competition, Heath was relaxed and ready to train for the 1988 Olympics in Seoul.
- Social : Joined group 1981 (Swam with U.S. junior team)
- Social : Joined group 1983 (Swam with U.S. Pan American team)
- Work : Prize 1984 at 12:00 midnight in Los Angeles, CA (Olympic Gold Medal in relays)
- Work : Prize 1984 at 12:00 midnight in Los Angeles, CA (Olympic Silver Medal in freestyle)
Mary Frances Wood quotes B.C. given in a letter from him
- Traits : Personality : Disciplined
- Lifestyle : Work : Work in team/ Tandem (Swimming relay team)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Outdoors (Hunting)
- Vocation : Sports : Swimming
- Notable : Awards : Olympics (Gold and Silver medals)
- Notable : Awards : Sports Championship (National NCAA swim title)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Several swimming records)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession