|Birthname||Isaac Lee Hayes, Jr.|
|born on||20 August 1942 at 04:00 (= 04:00 AM )|
|Place||Covington, Kentucky, 39n05, 84w31|
|Timezone||EWT h4w (is war time)|
|Astrology data||26°40' 07°56 Asc. 20°48'|
American musician, a black singer and the composer of the theme song from the movie "Shaft." On 3/14/1972 he won an Emmy award for the theme and on 4/10/1973, an Oscar.
Hayes was raised by his sharecropper grandparents in extreme poverty when his dad deserted the family and his mom died when he was less than two. He began singing at five and as a teenager, became a house piano player and composer. His first album release in February 1968 was not successful, with the second, in 1969, went gold.
Not accustomed to handling money, Hayes became a big-time spender and though his following albums went gold, he went bankrupt to the tune of $6 million on 12/22/1976.
Hayes suffered a minor stroke in January 2006. He died from a stroke in Memphis, Tennessee on 10 August 2008.
- Work : Gain social status 1969 (Album goes Gold)
Contemporary American Horoscopes
- Traits : Body : Race (Black)
- Family : Childhood : Family traumatic event (Less than two when mom died)
- Family : Childhood : Parent, Single or Step (Raised by grandparents)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Extravagant (Spent it all)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Rags to riches
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Composer/ Arranger (Composer)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Notable : Awards : Emmy
- Notable : Awards : Grammy