Haydn, Franz Joseph
|born on||31 March 1732 at 15:56 (= 3:56 PM )|
|Place||Rohrau, Austria, 48n04, 16e51|
|Timezone||LMT m16e51 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||11°08' 21°36 Asc. 14°00'|
Austrian composer, a child prodigy and prolific composer. The bulk of his work from 1777-1790 included 125 symphonies and overtures, 76 quartets, 68 trios, 54 sonatas, 31 concertos, 24 operas, 14 masses, 22 arias and more.
One of 12 kids, he was raised in poverty. At five he began his musical education; eight years later he composed a Mass. In 1758 he reached a turning point, and he went from being a struggling musician to one who was recognized. Appointed as music director to Count Morzin in 1759, he then became Kapellmeister to Prince Esterhazy, 1761-1790, that continued through three generations of royalty. Haydn's friendship with Mozart, 24 years older, began in 1781; he nonetheless outlived Mozart by 18 years. Their friendship was a deep one, with each one learning from the other. Mozart dedicated six string quartets to Haydn and Haydn's music increased in richness and warmth due to the friendship.
During his last years Haydn received honors and acclaim from governments and institutions throughout Europe, leaving him famous and wealthy. He is considered the chief founder of the Viennese classical school.
Haydn married Anna Keller in 1760; the marriage was childless and unhappy. He did have an affair with an Italian singer while he was employed by the Esterhazy family and another affair that meant a great deal to him, with Rebecca Schroeter, a musician's widow, that did not begin until he was sixty. He died on 5/31/1809, Vienna, Austria.
- friend relationship with Mozart (born 27 January 1756)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1755 (Wrote his first string quartet)
- Misc. : Released from waiting 1758 (Turning point toward recognition)
- Work : New Job 1759 (Music director to Count Morzin)
- Relationship : Marriage 1760 (Anna Keller)
- Work : Gain social status 1761 (Kapellmeister to Prince Esterhazy)
- Relationship : Begin significant relationship 1781 (Met and started friendship with Mozart)
Arthur Blackwell quotes Butterworth, "Haydn, His Life and Times," published by Midas in the U.K. p.9. Kassandra K. gives the following as "baptismal records" in "Horosocopes of Composers" (March 20, 1732 OS, 4:00 PM LAT)
- Traits : Mind : Child prodigy (Music brilliance)
- Family : Childhood : Disadvantaged (Poverty)
- Family : Childhood : Family large (One of 12 kids)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Friendship with Mozart)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One, unhappy)
- Family : Relationship : Stress - Extramarital affairs (Two noted affairs)
- Family : Parenting : Kids none
- Lifestyle : Financial : Rags to riches
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Composer/ Arranger
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Director (Kapellmeister, music director)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Notable : Book Collection : Occult/ Misc. Collection