Hatch, Richard (1945)
|born on||21 May 1945 at 06:30 (= 06:30 AM )|
|Place||Santa Monica, California, 34n01, 118w29|
|Timezone||PWT h7w (is war time)|
|Astrology data||00°07' 29°24 Asc. 10°17'|
American actor who is most noted for the TV series "Battlestar Galactica" in which he played Lorne Greene's space-pilot son. He quit the show to pursue a broader scope, but instead found a dry period during which he underwent therapy for depression. After a year of retirement, he returned to film in the role of Charlie Chan's number-one grandson.
Hatch is the younger of two sons of Elizabeth and John, who divorced when he was a year old. A shy kid, he found that acting helped him to rid himself of inhibitions. After college from 1963-65, he became a regular on "All My Children" in 1970. Six years later he leaped to fame in "The Streets of San Francisco," succeeding Michael Douglas.
It took "Battlestar" to catapult him to star status. But the ratings soon sank along with the show.
He is unmarried, but has one son, Paul, who was born by his girlfriend in 1968. In 1994, an eight-year relationship with casting director Karen Cooper ended.
Since 1987 Hatch has been lecturing as a motivational speaker for institutions such as the UCLA Extension program and the Learning Annex.
Between 2004 and 2009, he had a recurring guest star role on the remake of "Battlestar Galactica", playing Tom Zarek, a terrorist-turned-politician.
- business associate/partner relationship with Ayres, Lew (born 28 December 1908). Notes: Co-stars on "Battlestar Galactica"
- business associate/partner relationship with Benedict, Dirk (born 1 March 1945). Notes: Co-stars on "Battlestar Galactica"
- business associate/partner relationship with Colicos, John (born 10 December 1928). Notes: Co-stars on "Battlestar Galactica"
- business associate/partner relationship with Greene, Lorne (born 12 February 1915). Notes: Co-stars on "Battlestar Galactica"
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1968 (Son Paul born)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1970 (Soap "All My Children.")
Linda Clark quotes him
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Depression (Received treatment)
- Family : Relationship : Married late/never
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One son)
- Vocation : Education : Public speaker (Motivational speaker)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Notable : Book Collection : Occult/ Misc. Collection