|born on||24 February 1943 at 05:09 (= 05:09 AM )|
|Place||Pueblo CO, USA, 38n15, 104w36|
|Timezone||MWT h6w (is war time)|
|Astrology data||04°58' 23°51 Asc. 15°42'|
American writer, author of several novels, including "Plainsong, "The Tie That Binds," and "Eventide." A 1965 graduate of Wesleyan University, he earned his MFA from the University of Iowa.
To support himself, he worked in odd jobs including construction, service jobs, librarian and served in the Peace Corps from 1965-1967, stationed in Turkey. From 1976-1986 he taught high school English in Wisconsin and Colorado and then taught college-level courses at Wesleyan University from 1986-1991. He was the Carbondale Associate Professor at Southern Illinois University from 1991-2000 when he retired from teaching to devote full-time to writing.
The son of a Methodist minister, he grew up on the plains of Colorado. He has three children from his first marriage and his second wife Kathy has four.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1999 ("Plainsong")
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1984 (first novel, "The Tie That Binds")
- Work : New Career 1976 (teaching)
- Work : Retired 2000 (retired from teaching to write full-time)
PT quotes him and his wife, an astrologer, at a book signing 6/29/04
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (three from 1st marriage, 4 with second wife)
- Family : Childhood : Memories Good
- Vocation : Writers : Fiction