|Birthname||Philip Edward Hartmann|
|born on||24 September 1948 at 17:00 (= 5:00 PM )|
|Place||Brantford, Ontario (CAN), 43n08, 80w16|
|Timezone||EDT h4w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||01°42' 15°13 Asc. 07°51'|
Canadian-American actor with a comedy background as a regular on a TV variety show in 1985 which was followed by "Saturday Night Live" in 1986. He also has done commercials on TV for such companies as McDonald's fast food. A comic most noted for creating characters, he hit the big time with the hit TV series Talk Radio, 1996, playing the obnoxious, full-of-himself radio announcer Bill McNeal.
Hartman was raised in Connecticut, then in Southern California. He was the class clown in school and after graduating, worked as a graphic artist designer. Drawn to standup comedy, he did his apprenticeship by developing impersonations of some 70 famous people.
He and Brynn met in 1986 on a blind date. He was taken with the gorgeous swimsuit model and they married the following year. With their two kids, Birgin, six, and Sean, nine, they appeared a devoted family Deeper investigation revealed that the Hartman's had bitter arguments and he had been preparing to leave the marriage, his third divorce. Emotionally, he and Brynn were opposites. Where she was volatile and insecure, he was outwardly genial but inwardly aloof, often withdrawn in private. He once remarked, "I go into my cave and she throws grenades to get me out." During arguments, Brynn would explode and Phil withdraw, going to bed and sleep. In the morning everything would have blown over.
On May 28, 1998, Brynn shot Phil to death as he slept at 2:00 to 2:30 AM. She then drove to a friend's house, incoherent and frantic. Her friend calmed her down and they returned to her million dollar mansion in Encino. When Brynn locked herself in the bedroom with her husband's body, her friend called 911 emergency and the police were removing the two kids from the house when they heard another shot. It was Brynn who killed herself with a single shot to the head.
- associate relationship with Entertainment: Saturday Night Live (born 11 October 1975). Notes: Cast member, 1986-1994
- business associate/partner relationship with Farley, Chris (born 15 February 1964). Notes: "Saturday Night Live" cast mate
- business associate/partner relationship with Kavner, Julie (born 7 September 1950). Notes: Co-stars on "The Simpson"
- business associate/partner relationship with Rock, Chris (born 7 February 1966). Notes: "Saturday Night Live" cast mate
- business associate/partner relationship with Shearer, Harry (born 23 December 1943). Notes: Co-stars on "The Simpsons"
- business associate/partner relationship with Spade, David (born 22 July 1964). Notes: "Saturday Night Live" cast mate
- business associate/partner relationship with Tierney, Maura (born 3 February 1965). Notes: Co-stars on "News Radio"
- spouse relationship with Hartman, Brynn (born 11 April 1958)
- homicide perpetrator relationship with Hartman, Brynn (born 11 April 1958)
- Work : New Job 1985 (Host of TV variety show)
- Work : New Job 1986 (Saturday Night Live)
- Work : New Job 1996 (Talk Radio)
- Financial : Gain significant money 1997 ($50,000 an episode on Talk Radio)
Judy Johns quotes him, 7/1996, client
- Family : Childhood : Family large (Eight)
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Fourth of eight)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage less than 3 Yrs (Two marriages of less than three years each)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (Two)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Three)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Passions : Criminal Victim : Homicide victim (Shot to death by his wife)
- Personal : Misc. : Changed name (Removed one N from his surname)
- Vocation : Business/Marketing : Advertising (McDonald's ads)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV host/ Personality
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star (Talk Radio)