|born on||2 September 1911 at 12:15 (= 12:15 PM )|
|Place||South Pasadena CA, USA, 34n06, 118w08|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||09°13' 02°47 Asc. 03°32'|
American gambling czar, the founder of Harrah's Casinos in Reno and Lake Tahoe, NV, the world's second largest gambling operation. Harrah's is the only casino listed on the New York Stock Exchange; he himself kept 83% of the stock and exercised total control of his operations.
Harrah always aimed for the biggest and best though he was actually a shy perfectionist, soft spoken, who hated to waste time on trivial formalities. An antique car collector, he loved fast driving. In 1932, he bought out his dad's failing bingo room for $500. He moved the club to Reno in 1937 and began his growth expansion, leading up finally to his largest operation, in Las Vegas.
In late 1942, Harrah had a drunken driving accident in which he broke his neck. After spending nine weeks in the hospital, he limited himself to light social drinking.
Harrah married in 1953; his wife was 15 years younger. Childless after 12 years, they adopted two sons in 1965 and 1967. They divorced in 1969 and he made a second marriage to singer Bobbie Gentry in December 1969. The marriage lasted five months. His third marriage was from August 1970 to October 1971, and the fourth, from October 1972 to November 1973. With a fifth marriage in June 1974, Harrah adopted his wife's son.
Harrah died on 6/30/1978, Rochester, NY after heart surgery for an aortal aneurysm. He left an estate worth an estimated $137 million.
- child relationship with Harrah, Tony (born 14 October 1967)
- Financial : Buy/Sell Property 1932 (Bought out dad's bingo room for $500)
- Family : Change residence 1937 (Moved club to Reno)
- Health : Accident (Non-fatal) 1942 (Drunk driving accident)
- Relationship : Marriage 1953
- Family : Adopted a child 1965 (First son)
- Family : Adopted a child 1967 (Second son)
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1969 (First wife)
- Relationship : Marriage December 1969 (Second wife Bobbie Gentry, five months)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Contemporary American Horoscopes
- Vocation : Business : Business owner (Harrah's Casinos)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gambler
- Traits : Personality : Perfectionist
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Collector (Antique cars)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Accident/Injury (Car accident)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Five)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (Four)
- Family : Parenting : Birthing - Abortions (Two sons)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three sons)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Surgery (Heart, terminal)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Heart (Aortal aneurysm)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Wealthy ($137 million estate)
- Traits : Personality : Solitary/ Introvert