Harpignies, Henri Joseph
|born on||24 July 1819 at 22:00 (= 10:00 PM )|
|Place||Valenciennes, France, 50n21, 3e32|
|Timezone||LMT m3e32 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||01°04' 00°07 Asc. 04°03'|
French fine artist, engraver, watercolorist and landscape painter. He did not start painting until 1846, but then was very prolific, winning considerable success and fame. In 1860 Harpignies studied with Jean Corot in Italy and most of his works were distinguished for their constructive drawing, breadth of treatment and silvery tone.
- Work : New Career 1846 (Began to paint)
- Family : Change residence 1860 (Moved to Italy to study with Corot)
- Death, Cause unspecified 28 August 1916 at 12:00 noon in St. Prive, France (Age 97)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Steinbrecher quotes B.R.
- Lifestyle : Work : Intern/ Apprentice (Studied with Jean Corot)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 97, extremely long for time period)
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist (Watercolor and landscape, engraver)