|Birthname||Harry Robinson Hamlin|
|born on||30 October 1951 at 01:48 (= 01:48 AM )|
|Place||Pasadena, California, 34n09, 118w09|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||06°10' 03°54 Asc. 10°28'|
American actor popular in the '80s ensemble TV cast about Los Angeles lawyers, "L.A. Law." After his first year as attorney Michael Kuzak, he was named People Magazine's "Sexiest Man Alive" of 1987. Hamlin appears regularly in TV series and movies made for TV. He enjoys a reputation for intelligence and sweetness of character from his fellow performers. Hamlin found steady onscreen work since his debut in films in 1978 but not all his films were successful. He appeared in the turkeys such as "Clash of the Titans," 1981 and the gay love triangle film "Making Love," 1982. His portrayal as a gay writer convinced many film producers that he was gay, making it difficult to get romantic lead roles. In 1982, he developed more substantial credits with his theater work, playing the role of Hamlet in Shakespeare drama. It was 1986 when he landed the plum role of handsome attorney Michael Kuzak on the hit TV series, "L.A. Law." His series, "Movie Stars," co-starring with Jennifer Grant, debuted on the WB Network on 7/11/1999.
A California native, Hamlin grew up in Pasadena with Berniece, his socialite mother and an older brother and half brother. His father, Chauncey Hamlin was an aerospace engineer with two children from a previous marriage, almost 50 by the time Harry was born. His dad preferred to read the paper after work than throw a ball and play with his young son. Hamlin lived a comfortable childhood and moved on to a privileged upbringing in an expensive prep school in Pennsylvania.
In 1970, Hamlin entered the University of California-Berkeley during the height of the college counterculture movement. Like many of his fellow students, he participated in demonstrations. As head of his fraternity, he approved the admittance of female boarders to reside in the frat-house. A public scandal ensued comparing the frat-house to a brothel and administrators "encouraged" Hamlin to leave the university. An above average student, Hamlin packed up and went East to Yale University. He graduated in 1974 with a drama degree and a desire to pursue acting as a full-time occupation. His career choice met with resistance from his affluent family. His parents worried that their young, idealistic son would face financial hardships. Enrolling at the American Conservatory Theater in San Francisco helped Hamlin sharpen his acting technical skills. After four years at the Conservatory, he landed his first film role in Stanley Donan's "Movie Movie."
During the filming of "Clash of the Titans" 28-year-old Hamlin had an affair with his 43-year-old costar, Ursula Andress. Their son Dimitri was born in 1981, a product of their four year relationship. Hamlin met actress Laura Johnson during the opening night party for his play "Awake and Sing!" in New York in 1984. In 1985, the couple married privately in their living room, with only two neighbors quickly pressed into service as witnesses. The marriage ended in divorce in September 1989. Hamlin married his second wife, actress Nicolette Sheridan on 9/07/1991 and later divorced. On 3/29/1997, Hamlin married his third wife, actress Lisa Rinna at their Hollywood Hills home. The marriage is her first and the couple had a baby daughter, Delilah Belle on 6/10/1998.
At Yale, Hamlin spent hours in the library reading avant-gardes such as Peter Brook and Antonin Artaud. Intellectual and articulate, he enjoys discussing world political issues and authors with his colleagues. A reformed smoker, Hamlin tends to his garden when he is between performance roles.
The former "L.A. Law" star Harry Hamlin, 49, and his wife, former "Melrose Place" costar Lisa Rinna, 37, welcomed their second daughter, Amelia Gray, 7 lbs. 3 oz. on 6/13/2001. The couple's first daughter, Delilah Belle, is three. Hamlin also has a 21-year-old son with actress Ursula Andress.
- business associate/partner relationship with Bernsen, Corbin (born 7 September 1954). Notes: Co-stars on "L.A. Law"
- business associate/partner relationship with Dey, Susan (born 10 December 1952). Notes: Co-stars on "L.A. Law"
- business associate/partner relationship with Dysart, Richard (born 30 March 1929). Notes: Co-stars on "L.A. Law"
- business associate/partner relationship with Underwood, Blair (born 25 August 1964). Notes: Co-stars on "L.A. Law"
- lover relationship with Andress, Ursula (born 19 March 1936)
- Social : End a program of study 1974 (Graduated from Yale)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1978 ("Movie Movie")
- Relationship : Begin significant relationship 1980 (Affair with Ursula Andress)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1981 (Movie "Clash of the Titans")
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1981 (Son Dimitri born)
- Relationship : Marriage 1985 (To actress Laura Johnson)
- Work : Begin Major Project 1986 (TV series "L.A. Law")
- Work : Gain social status 1987 (People's "Sexiest Man Alive")
- Relationship : Marriage 7 September 1991 (Second marriage Nicolette Sheridan)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 10 June 1998 (Daughter Delilah Belle born)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
B.C. in hand from Aaron Fischer
- Traits : Body : Appearance gorgeous
- Traits : Personality : Gracious/ sociable (Pleasant character)
- Family : Childhood : Advantaged (Affluent upbringing)
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Second of two)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Age difference more than 15 yrs (Lover 15 years older)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (Two)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Three)
- Family : Relationship : Stress - Extramarital affairs (With Ursula Andress)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One son and one daughter)
- Vocation : Beauty : Sex-symbol
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star (L.A. law)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award ("Sexiest Man Alive" award)