|born on||24 December 1943 at 19:20 (= 7:20 PM )|
|Place||Helsinki, Finland, 60n10, 24e58|
|Timezone||EET h2e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||02°02' 29°46 Asc. 15°22'|
Finnish politician, the first Finnish woman president. Halonen was elected the 11th president of Finland in February 2000 and began a six-year term on 3/01/2000. A Member of Parliament since 1979, she was the first woman to become Foreign Minister.
Born into a working class family, Halonen matriculated in 1962 and went on to earn her law degree in 1968. She had several jobs prior to entering politics including a time spent working as legal representative for Finland’s largest trade union. A social democrat, she has a reputation as a demanding and exact leader. She avoids unnecessary ostentation in both her professional and personal life, and is reportedly generous with a good sense of humor. Additionally she is noted for her "colorful" language.
Halonen is an independent spirit and a woman who goes her own way without worrying about what others might think. An unmarried mother, she raised her daughter Anna who seemingly is following her mother’s footsteps by entering the political arena in England. Her non-marital cohabitation with Pentti Arajarvi, a senior civil servant at Parliament, caused her political advisors great worry during her campaign for the presidency, and in late August 2000, the two were married in a simple, private ceremony.
- Social : Begin a program of study 1962 (Started college)
- Social : End a program of study 1968 (Received her law degree)
- Work : New Job 1979 (Member of Parliament)
LMR quotes astrologer Markku Manninen (by email) who sent an email to Parliament before Halonen was elected.
- Traits : Personality : Personality robust (Independent woman)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One daughter)
- Vocation : Politics : Heads of state (Finnish president)
- Vocation : Politics : Public office (M.P., Foreign Minister)
- Notable : Famous : First in Field (First Finnish woman pres.)