Gustavus Adolphus, King of Sweden
|born on||9 December 1594 Jul.Cal. (19 Dec 1594 greg.) at 07:30 (= 07:30 AM )|
|Place||Stockholm, Sweden, 59n20, 18e03|
|Timezone||LMT m18e03 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||27°13' 20°36 Asc. 09°07'|
Swedish royalty, known as Gustavus Adolphus the Great. The son of Charles X of Sweden and Christina of Holland, he ruled as King from 1611 to 1632. A strong character, Gustavus Adolphus was an impressive ruler. During his reign, Sweden emerged as one of Europe's great powers. Though his fame was based mostly on his military feats during the Thirty Year's War, Gustav also dealt effectively with domestic problems. Pious and courageous, he defended Sweden's protestants.
He emerged as one of the great military figures in history and was killed in battle 11/16/1632 (6 November 1632, O.S.).
- parent->child relationship with Christina, Queen of Sweden (born 8 December 1626 Jul.Cal. (18 Dec 1626 greg.))
- child->parent relationship with Carl IX, King of Sweden (born 4 October 1550 Jul.Cal. (14 Oct 1550 greg.))
- spouse relationship with Maria Eleonora von Brandenburg (born 11 November 1599 Jul.Cal. (21 Nov 1599 greg.))
- Work : Gain social status 1611 (King of Sweden, 21 years)
- Death by War or Terrorism 16 November 1632 (greg.) (Killed in battle, age 56)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield cites father's record quoted in "Gustav Adolf: The Great" by Nils Ahnlund (Princeton University Press, 1940), p. 12: "In his memorandum-book the duke noted: 'In the year 1594, on December 9, my son Gustav Adolf was born in Stockholm Castle. God the Almighty grant that he may live his life with praise, glory, and honor, and to the satisfaction and joy of his parents. He was born between 7 and 8 o'clock in the morning.'"
Original data rated DD was 19 December 1594 NS, 7:13am, with the source notes: Cirkels collection; also Ebertin (December 9, 1594 OS). Heinz Specht gives December 18, 1594.
- Traits : Personality : Courageous
- Vocation : Military : Killed (Great miltary figure)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (Sweden)